NEXUS AIRWAYS EXCLUSIVE UPDATE

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Andrew,

The latest news which has been released to passengers is that November flights will not operate out of Liverpool with our own aircraft, as November sales have been poor, and did not justify a whole aircraft to operate the services. This seems to be a general problem this year, with travel agents and tour operators reporting to us that they are struggling to get seats sold, it seems current market conditions are not ideal, with people generally not having any spare money to go on holiday etc, be this down to high interest rates or mortgages etc. Because of this, we have allocated all November passengers on Monarch flights ex Manchester.

At the moment, sales for Christmas and New Year are doing quite well, so if this continues we hope to operate these ex LPL ourselves, however passengers at other times will continue to be allocated seats ex MAN until a time when bookings can justify an dedicated aircraft ex LPL.

This obviously wasn't what we had hoped for, however we feel it's the most sensible option, until sales pick up, it seems futile operating flights ourselves making major losses.

If you have any other questions, please direct them here.

Thanks

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Andrew,

The latest news which has been released to passengers is that November flights will not operate out of Liverpool with our own aircraft, as November sales have been poor, and did not justify a whole aircraft to operate the services. This seems to be a general problem this year, with travel agents and tour operators reporting to us that they are struggling to get seats sold, it seems current market conditions are not ideal....

Thanks

It's a tough market generally nowadays, with people only being able to travel a finite number of times. Travel agents and tour operators have been reporting slow sales for years now, an effect of the LCCs (of which Nexus is supposed to be one) as passengers choose to book all elements of their travel independently. This leaves me confused and asking the question...

If as an independent LCC the airline cannot sell seats then has it got its business plan right? Was the guy aware of these issues when he did his A-Level business plan?

Currently the company is acting as nothing more than a tour operator (but without the other elements) because it is just buying seats and reselling them. So not an airline at all yet.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I think giving that open honest answer gives them alot more credability and i really do hope they succeed. Takes guts to admits your company problems publically....

I think he planned this before the Interest Rates went up. Most UK businesses are finding it deadly hard at the moment as people simply are not spending. All major High Street chains are planning Sales FOR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!

I wish them all the best and once they get their own aircraft I will surely be booking onto their aircraft.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well actually the interest rates dropped in August, having been on the rise since about the same time the year before, and so it should have been a little more foreseen.

But granted, I'll give it to him that he's not coughing up lots of rubbish!

Member for

20 years 2 months

I think there is 2 obstacles that they will never get over in LPL. 1) Easyjet and
2)Ryanair. I hate to be a pesamist but this aint going to work espeically at an airport whree 2 of Europes largest LCCs have a base.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I think there is 2 obstacles that they will never get over in LPL. 1) Easyjet and
2)Ryanair. I hate to be a pesamist but this aint going to work espeically at an airport whree 2 of Europes largest LCCs have a base.

Well given the destinations Nexus have chosen to start with then RYR and EZY should not be problems because they are not currently serving the Canaries. So therefore he's competing against the charter carriers (or charter/scheduled carriers) and so if he cannot take market share from them like the others do on new routes then he's going to struggle a little.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Sales are poor as you can't get through on the feckin line. Allways knew it was not gonna work. Yet another PeoplesXpress

:EDIT: Althought PeoplesXpress DID fly, nexus won't

Member for

19 years 8 months

Well it'll be interesting to see if they've got an aeroplane - IIRC they were going to use Futura and Futura were threatening to sue them because no formal negotiations had taken place regarding use of their a/c.

Andy

Member for

18 years 6 months

Hiya

Just wondering - How many pax managed to get through to the booking number in order to be affected by this?

And will the website be updated / online bookings be available soon?

Member for

19 years 5 months

Nexus seem to be similar to Planet Air at LBA, they wanted to be a proper airline but ended up selling seats on dedicated charter flights

Member for

18 years 6 months

As mentioned above its good that he is admitting the airlines problems and is fixing them, at the risk of being moaned at, he's doeing a damn site better than Alpha1 who keeps prospective customers and on-lookers in the dark.

Member for

20 years 10 months

I hope Nexus becomes a success, but low bookings aside there are a couple of other things that would concern me.

One is how well loco's do with these longer sectors as they stop you getting in the number of rotations per day that you need.

The other is aircraft utilisation which looking at the planned timetable is awful. Again for a loco this is a vital aspect.

Andrew, you tend to refer to Nexus as 'we'. Are you involved with the company?

1L.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Andrew, you tend to refer to Nexus as 'we'. Are you involved with the company?

I did :confused:

Woops didnt notice i had forgotten to say that was from PR company when i emailed them. Sorry i could have sworn i had but its not there.

If i was involved in something like this i would have signed an NDA a while back....