Monarch A330's

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 2 months

This time last year I was asking when Monarch will be painting their 2 A330's into the new colours and somebody said that they will be painted up this Winter 2005/2006.

Does anybody know if and when this is going to happen this winter? Can't wait to see them in the new scheme!

Thanks

Original post

Member for

18 years 6 months

I was thinking about this earlier today, I came to a conclusion that they would be retired but I would like to see if there is any evidence to support this.

Member for

19 years 8 months

Why would they retire them?

G-SMAN and G-EOMA were only built in 1999. I'd say the A300s would go before the A330s, but some of them 4 are in the new livery.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Why would they retire them?

G-SMAN and G-EOMA were only built in 1999. I'd say the A300s would go before the A330s, but some of them 4 are in the new livery.

Actually all 4 of the A300's are in the new scheme :p

Member for

19 years 8 months

Thanks Matt,
I didn't know :D

Member for

18 years 8 months

What routes do they use the A330 and A300 on?

James

Member for

19 years 10 months

They are thinking about not repainting them as they usually take them out of service in the Winter season. Also, they are always going tech.

Member for

20 years 1 month

They will be re-painted when they come in for a D-check (I think) which is due sometime this winter.

Member for

18 years 5 months

They are thinking about not repainting them as they usually take them out of service in the Winter season. Also, they are always going tech.

The A330's are making a few flights this winter from LBA to the Carribean so they can't be out of service all winter.

Member for

19 years 10 months

No not all winter. But they aren't utilised as much. Or from what I've been told.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I was on one this summer when I went to the U.S,
They also use them to the Carribean
A little cramped inside and no PTV's unlike My Travel's

Sam

Member for

20 years 10 months

The first 332 is going to Zurich tomorrow for a check and repaint, the other is going on the 18th.

There are no Monarch P&O flights from LBA this winter, believe Thomsonfly now have those.

Member for

18 years 5 months

The first 332 is going to Zurich tomorrow for a check and repaint, the other is going on the 18th.

There are no Monarch P&O flights from LBA this winter, believe Thomsonfly now have those.

Thats sad news, I was looking forward to seeing a Monarch A330 at LBA, only seen the A300's there.

Member for

19 years 5 months

I imagine Monarch will use them a lot around Christmas/New Year however

Member for

19 years 1 month

G-SMAN is planned to arrive in Zurich at 1950 (local) from Gatwick! MON332P is the flight no

Scott