Today is the Day

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 5 months

Maybe SOU cant sustain weekend flights as it will mainly be business demand but surely IOM-BLK has a large demand for flights at the weekend, if not more than during the week

Member for

21 years

The aircraft is leased by Euromanx through Keen Leasing. Euromanx/A1 hardly use it at the weekend and so from what I can gather, Keen Leasing charter it out to various people who need it in the off peak hours ie weekends.

Member for

20 years

Which explains what it was doing in MAN on Sunday last. :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

I'll not be eating humble pie, this is a shadow of what was first announced, he basically has himself a ticket office..........

Member for

21 years

To be fair the original plan was just the same, a glorified ticket office. The only thing that has really changed is the aircraft type and the routes.

Member for

19 years 9 months

The aircraft is leased by Euromanx through Keen Leasing. Euromanx/A1 hardly use it at the weekend and so from what I can gather, Keen Leasing charter it out to various people who need it in the off peak hours ie weekends.

Thanks Mark

I was wondering as I didn't think it'd be sitting around doing nothing and not making money as that'd just be crazy.

Again Thanks

Member for

24 years 3 months

Not at all Mark L...........he was to have his own airline. How could he fly his own aircraft if he did not actually own it?

Member for

21 years

I think you will find the original plan (once you got beneath the MH hype/spin) was rather similar to this new one.

He was originally going to be using Air Medical PA31s. He wasnt going to own the aircraft, it was all being run and operated through Air Med, he owned nothing. He was just going to be a pilot for the same airline that he was chartering through. (Like he claims to want to do with the new Jetstream setup - he doesnt own the Jetstream)

Now the setup is just the same, except using Euromanx/Keen/Love Air/London Flight Centre etc instead of Air Med, and with a complete change of route structure.

Member for

18 years 7 months

I think you will find the original plan (once you got beneath the MH hype/spin) was rather similar to this new one.

He was originally going to be using Air Medical PA31s. He wasnt going to own the aircraft, it was all being run and operated through Air Med, he owned nothing. He was just going to be a pilot for the same airline that he was chartering through. (Like he claims to want to do with the new Jetstream setup - he doesnt own the Jetstream)

Now the setup is just the same, except using Euromanx/Keen/Love Air/London Flight Centre etc instead of Air Med, and with a complete change of route structure.

I dont think that anybody expected him to stump up the dosh to buy aircraft !!

for myself, i assumed that his plans would be similar to any airline - that the aircraft would be leased / chartered as needed to avoid parked aircraft costs for him or the other operator(s) of that aircraft.

In that respect, i would think it perfectly natural for any new airline to be chartering someone elses planes on a "see-how-it-goes" basis initially.

I would also expect them to try to use someone elses already established infrastructure for maintenance / logistics / ticketing - that is all prefectly sensible and to be expected.

What grates for many people, i suspect, is the wildly changing investment / routes / aircraft that have been promoted.

This business has to now start operating, in whatever form, if only to restore his credability a bit.

Regards

Michael

Member for

19 years 5 months

The call centre is closed for maintenance this weekend

http://www.flyalpha1.com/

Member for

21 years

I also hear through the grapevine that Martin is no longer studying for his ATPL at OAT.

Member for

18 years 7 months

The website appears to have suffered a major failure. Will it return on Monday?

Member for

19 years

The website appears to have suffered a major failure. Will it return on Monday?

Still down on Saturday, Forty eight hours for maintenance? :p Was this forum down for only two hours maintenance earlier in the week? :D :p

Member for

18 years 7 months

Still down on Saturday, Forty eight hours for maintenance? :p Was this forum down for only two hours maintenance earlier in the week? :D :p
Stop it! :)

A website can stay down due to any number of reasons which are unrelated to the business it promotes.

Lets be fair to Mr H and only attack him over failures which are directly attributable to him !!!

Michael

Member for

19 years 8 months

Its pretty much all over bar the shouting.

Member for

19 years 9 months

*****NOTE TO MODS*****
(I'm NOT asking this question to start any ALPHA bashing)

Does anyone know if todays inaugural flight took off as scheduled and if so howmany passengers were onboard as their call center is closed for routine maintenance?

Member for

24 years 3 months

No. The inaugural flight originally scheduled for the 7th will now be taking place on the 21st as far as I understand it.

Regards,

kev35

Member for

19 years 9 months

No. The inaugural flight originally scheduled for the 7th will now be taking place on the 21st as far as I understand it.

Regards,

kev35

Apologies KEV i'm a week early mate as I thought today was the 21st LOL

Member for

24 years 3 months

Anyone catch BBC Breakfast News, Business News this morning, 2 min interview with Martin and a number of investors

Member for

19 years 5 months

What was said?