Information about the B777's development

Member for

14 years 1 month

Hi guys, I'm a student doing a Project management coursework and wanted to do it on the development of the 777. Having tried and still trying to use google it is very difficult to decipher the crap from the good stuff. :confused: So do any of you guys have any links to information about the 777 its milestones during its development and if this went along to the schedule or if it missed its deadlines. I also remember a tv documentary series on channel 4 (in the uk) about the development of the 777 but can't seem to get a hold of it anywhere niether. If any of you guys could help me out that would be great. Also i hope this is in the right section of the forum. Thanks for your help in advance. Joe :D
Original post

Member for

16 years 7 months

Joemonster, I have a copy of that programme (20th Century Jet) it is excellent and does show the development of the 777 very well. I would be happy to send you the tapes for you to watch (as long as I get them back)

Member for

14 years 5 months

Whoa, paulc, it's the 21st Century Jet! :lol: I think the book is an excellent companion. Anyhow: the book is "21st Century Jet: The Making and Marketing of the Boeing 777" by Karl Sabbagh; the movie is "21st Century Jet: The Building of the Boeing 777." It's also available from www.boeingstore.com If you need development timelines, the Boeing site would be the best place to start. Furthermore, do you have any specific questions about the programme?

Member for

14 years 1 month

Thanks guys for your help but typically we have changed our minds about the project we are going to study. However, atleast one good thing has come out of my query... i can now purchase the 21st century jet series :D i couldn't think of where to get it from and never realised boeing had a shop :rolleyes: And cheers for the offer paulc but i think i'm gonna get the dvds :o thanks again guys p.s. do you like my pics :cool: