Air Canada orders upto 96 Boeing aircraft

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 9 months

Air Canada orders up to 96 Boeing planes.

Good news for BA.

Original post

Member for

19 years 11 months

Why would this be good news for London Airw.... err, I mean British Airways? :confused:

Member for

19 years 9 months

BA is also a stock symbol for boeing!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

And then they go and order blooming GEnx engines for their 787s...has nobody told them RR is better? ;)

Member for

18 years 5 months

The Trent1000 am I right?

Member for

24 years 2 months

AC's fleet program at the moment is quite confusing. They have the A345 and A343 (which Milton goes on record in his book as not liking--it's a costly a/c to maintain), however, a few years ago, he deliberately chose the A330/345 over the 777 program. what has made it more attractive now? Is it the fleet commonality with the 787?

Then on the shorthaul end of the spectrum, we have the CRJ and the Embraers. I'm assuming there was a huge subsidy from the Canadian government to support further production of the CRJ (don't know this for a fact), however, why are they running some many different brands?

Altough I'm thrilled Canada is getting some 777 action. Way to go Milton!

Member for

18 years 11 months

This is a reaffirmation of a cancelled order... some of the questions can be directed to the other thread (http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=41700&highlight=air+canada )

At the time of the A340 purchase, apparently Boeing wasn't very aggressive in its pricing... quoted the 777s much too high for AC's taste at the time. But Milton has been vocal about his admiration for the 777, so this time around, Boeing decided to try a little harder.