New East Terminal for LHR

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years

Interesting to read this much talked about proposal in some more detail.

Now all they need to do is work on getting approval for the new runway in tandem with these terminal regeneration plans.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Cool, its just been on BBC London News,

T2 to be demolished, the main focus it to flatten and rebuild a bigger T2, the size of stansted, they claim with T5 it will leave T2 very much underutilised - "the goldern time to act upon plans". BAA don't want a public enquiry as their worried it'll be another T5, and they want the terminal done by the 2012 olympics!!! Pushing it a bit.

To note, the tussauds group has bought BA's share of the London eye for £9.5 (or 95 didnt hear right). The BA logo will continue to be used but someone (again didn't hear right) is calling it "a stab in the back"

Member for

24 years 2 months

T2 to be demolished
Let me be the first to say:

HALLELUJAH!!!!

It was about time BAA started to get rid of T1/2/3 and get something half decent in its place. Hopefully demolishing T2 is the first step in a long (or preferably very short) process to get rid of LHR Central.

Looking at the map in the thread opener I am a bit amazed at the lay out though. Would it not be more logical, and easier long term, to build more terminals parallel to the new T5? By building these new "horizontal" terminals this option will no longer be present. Also, the photoshopped planes in front of the new terminals seem very large. Quite a bit larger, for instance, then the BA 747s that can be seen in front of T4.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Will T2 become the Star Alliance terminal?

Member for

24 years 2 months

I completely agree with tenthije. Mimic Atlanta and make a series of horizontal terminals either side of one central gathering area. T4 is starting to look at bit messy as well.

I would also consider (if there is room) and two way taxi lane between the northerly and southerly runways to cut down on taxi time when a/c have to completely circle the terminal area to get to their terminal. Last year my AC landed from the east on the northerly runway, exited near T3, however, we had to taxi clockwise past T1,2 then back to T3 to secure our gate (it's logical I know, but timely and expense when you think of fuel costs).

Member for

18 years 11 months

I would just hope that the roads in and out the terminal would
be rerouted somewhere as there a night mare now.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I would also consider (if there is room) and two way taxi lane between the northerly and southerly runways to cut down on taxi time

Judging from the pic there is ample space.
Attachments

Member for

18 years 6 months

Will T2 become the Star Alliance terminal?

As i've previously mentioned, T2 will be demolished

Member for

18 years 5 months

Lets hope that they incorporate some excellent viewing facilities here.

Member for

19 years 5 months

As i've previously mentioned, T2 will be demolished

I was on about T2 when it reopens