My trip to MCO/SFB/ORL

Hello everyone...sorry I haven't been on for a while, but I have just got back from a week in Orlando, Florida. I was on a university trip, and basically went to MCO, SFB and ORL to have a look around, and get lectures from loads of the staff and airlines (namely Southwest!). Would of met Sir Freddie Laker on one of the days I was at MCO, however, his house was badly damaged by Hurricane Wilma, so he couldn't make it - he did send our group an e-mail though, which was nice.

Got loads of great photos, even one of a TCD 747-300 at SFB - I was actually allowed onto the apron to take the photo as it came onto its gate :eek: :D :cool: ! Will post all my pics as soon as I have recovered - not had any sleep for almost 24 hours (even on flight, due to on-off turbulence!).

In case any of you really want to know, I flew with BA (G-VIIR both ways!) from LGW!
Profile picture for user cloud_9

cloud_9

Member for

14 years

Well...here they are, what do you think. Please be nice, as these are my first photos I have ever taken of aircraft/airports! If you want to see more, you will have to e-mail me, as most of the other ones are too large to upload, unless someone can tell me how I can compress them...?

Regards,

Jonathan Davies
(a.k.a cloud_9)
Attachment Size
DCP_0536.JPG 95.5 KB
DCP_0540.JPG 96.43 KB
DCP_0542.JPG 94.22 KB
DCP_0548.JPG 97.94 KB
DCP_0570.JPG 95.88 KB
PICT0204.JPG 242.03 KB
PICT0203.JPG 247.56 KB
PICT0202.JPG 241.06 KB
PICT0190.JPG 276.03 KB
PICT0193.JPG 242.14 KB
Profile picture for user wysiwyg

wysiwyg

Member for

19 years 9 months

Just curious...did you get the Captains name on your BA flights? My brother is now a BA 777 skipper and has just recently been in Orlando.

cloud_9

Member for

14 years

Just curious...did you get the Captains name on your BA flights? My brother is now a BA 777 skipper and has just recently been in Orlando.

I can't remember the name of the captain on the way there...but for the way back his first name was Brian, can't remember his surname...sorry!

wysiwyg

Member for

19 years 9 months

I was fairly sure it wouldn't have been him on the inbound as he has already been to Harare and back since.

cloud_9

Member for

14 years

I was fairly sure it wouldn't have been him on the inbound as he has already been to Harare and back since.

Well...I arrived at 07:30ish yesterday, so I very much dought it...what do you think to photos though?

wysiwyg

Member for

19 years 9 months

He's had a run of 3-day trips with one day off in between so it could have been.