Emirates A380

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Really do hope they paint a Virgin example and send it to Farnborough!

Additionally - I'd love to see them paint it in BA colours - try and tempt the Execs to order it, despite the probable ensuing Law Suit :p

Member for

19 years 9 months

Bet Singapore Airlines arent happy......There the lead customer for the A380 and i would have thought Airbus would paint it in SIA colours

Member for

19 years 9 months

the a346 looks lean and quite good...Airbus needs to do something about it and its competition against the 777

What are they going to do with the A340? Once they have the A380 & A350 in service along with the A330, is there really any place for the A340? Compared to the 777 it's orders this year have been really slow. I think it only got 1 at Paris, and that was for the Iranian government.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Bet Singapore Airlines arent happy......There the lead customer for the A380 and i would have thought Airbus would paint it in SIA colours

I know not in full colours, but A380s have been seen with:

Malaysian http://www.airliners.net/open.file/961765/L/
Qantas http://www.airliners.net/open.file/961764/L/
And Singapore http://www.airliners.net/open.file/958675/L/

I think the reason we may have seen a full coloured Emirates version is because of the Dubai Air Show, where the A380 made an appearance.

Member for

18 years 6 months

However the Emirates livery is the only colour scheme to have been fully applied the others only incorporate logo's

Member for

20 years 11 months

I know not in full colours, but A380s have been seen with:

Hmmm?

Member for

19 years 10 months

However the Emirates livery is the only colour scheme to have been fully applied the others only incorporate logo's

Its cuz of the fact that the aircraft will be making an appearence at the dubai air show and would be flying there..Also the fact that Emirates has the largest (3 times more then the second largest) A380 order aswell as the competition that is going on to win over orders for the A350 ( just being extra caucious not to **** them off)

Member for

18 years 5 months

I flew into Dubai today and the A380 is there parked next to a 747.... and 2 B1B's a bit further along the ramp. It certainly makes everything else look small. :)

Member for

19 years 10 months

NO 777 or is that gonna come later??

Member for

19 years 5 months

www.telegraph.co.uk

Emirates in $10bn shopping spree
By Sylvia Pfeifer (Filed: 20/11/2005)

Emirates, Dubai's flag-carrier airline, is set to place orders totalling more than $10bn (£5.8bn) at the country's air show which starts today. The order will include more than 40 of Boeing's wide-bodied 777s.

The airline is also believed to be ready to announce an order for as many as 50 Airbus A350s, the rival to Boeing's fuel-efficient 787 "Dreamliner". Emirates had been expected to announce the order at the Paris air show earlier this year but held off. Boeing has since tried to persuade Emirates to choose a stretched version of the 787 instead.
Emirates' first Airbus A380, the world's largest passenger jet
The Airbus A380, the world's largest passenger jet

Executives close to the dicussions said last night that a final decision was finely balanced.

The bumper order from Emirates is part of the airline's aggressive expansion plans. It is the launch customer for the Airbus A380, the world's largest passenger jet. An A380 in Emirates livery took to the skies for the first time yesterday in Dubai ahead of the official opening of the air show.

Separately, China is today expectected to announce a deal with Boeing to buy 70 of the company's 737 aircraft - the announcement is timed to coincide with US President George Bush's visit to Beijing this week.

The US aerospace giant has secured 733 firm orders this year already, substantially more than the 272 orders it received last year.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Boeing would probably be happy with what they got from the deal if it is indeed 40 or more 777's..they allready have 20+ airlines botched up for the dreamliner and even if the bids were competitive enough airbus has been a loyal supplier to emirates and giving them very good prices so it worked out for both..This Boeing order would almost double the 777 orders this year to something like 85...Heck some good work towards the end and we might even have tripple digit 777 orders this year.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Hey guys, have just found out the Emirates A380 IS NOT painted!!! See below:

QUOTE: The aircraft however is not painted in Emirates colours. With the tight schedule of the certification campaign, painting the aircraft was not possible. Instead, full customisation was done with removable decals, a technique already used in the recent Asia-Pacific tour.

With this technique, a few logos can be applied in one to two hours, however doing a full aircraft livery can take up to two whole days. So the Airbus team in Toulouse prepared the second A380 in full Emirates livery for the Dubai Airshow while the first A380 was on tour in Asia and Australia, In total, for both aircraft, around 1,000 decals were used.

There are no safety issues resulting from attaching decals to the aircraft exterior. A varnish is applied as a precautionary measure, which ensures the decals stay in place during flight. It is also better for the aerodynamics as it creates a rounder edge for the decal.

Removing the livery is relatively simple. A varnish remover is applied and the decals are slowly peeled off to ensure no paint is removed.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Still Looks pretty good though i wonder how heavy those decals are (as compared to the paint)