Alpha One Yet Again (Merged)

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 4 months

I didn't see it take off from Ronaldsway this morning, nothing on the departures list, but I might have missed it!

Member for

18 years 4 months

ALPHAONE - NO SHOW

Sadly Alphaone failed to show up at IOM this morning. Flight Support their handling agent said the flight hadn't taken off and that they didn't know what was going on... Sound familiar.

Member for

20 years 1 month

LOL well no suprise there then!

Member for

19 years

Sadly Alphaone failed to show up at IOM this morning. Flight Support their handling agent said the flight hadn't taken off and that they didn't know what was going on... Sound familiar.

But did any passengers turn up? :D

Member for

18 years 7 months

Alpha one yet again

Am I the only one to have sussed out that Alpha One and Space Cadets are part of the same giant hoax?

Member for

18 years 4 months

But did any passengers turn up? :D

Yes, I know of at least one stranded at EDI for this mornings flight.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Off topic but looking at the IOM airport website what does it mean by American airlines Manchester and Gatwick is a code share flight with BA

Hi Manston The BA MAN-JFK flight and the two AA flights out of MAN are code shares. Any BA branded flight that gets into MAN or LGW in time are given AA/BA flight numbers. It's all part of this OneWorld nonsense

Rgds Cking

Crikey! Me calling OneWorld nonsense on a thread about Alpha One!!!

Member for

18 years 4 months

Dear rockjock

How do you know there was one passenger stranded or where did you get the info from ?

Member for

19 years 9 months

Am I the only one who finds it bizarre that yesterday AlphaOne were supposedly starting flights today, and yet today if the information posted here is correct the flight hasn't operated? No, I'm probably not the only one who is not surprised by that! Yet more clap-trap from AlphaOne? Probably!

It could have been so different, but for reasons best known to themselves AlphaOne decided to put out one misleading statement after another, failed to deliver on commitments and promises time after time. IF passengers are stranded today, hopefully this will generate sufficient adverse publicity to drown the entire sad affair for good because it has become blantantly obvious that nothing said by AlphaOne can be relied on.

Andy

PS: If AlphaOne was operating today, wouldn't you have expected the website to be updated with some PR about the first flight? If AlphaOne was operating today, would you not have expected the website to be updated regarding bookings (still says bookings will recommend 23rd November)? Of course you wouldn't expect either of those things - its AlphaOne we're talking about

Member for

18 years 4 months

Am I the only one who finds it bizarre that yesterday AlphaOne were supposedly starting flights today, and yet today if the information posted here is correct the flight hasn't operated? No, I'm probably not the only one who is not surprised by that! Yet more clap-trap from AlphaOne? Probably!

It could have been so different, but for reasons best known to themselves AlphaOne decided to put out one misleading statement after another, failed to deliver on commitments and promises time after time. IF passengers are stranded today, hopefully this will generate sufficient adverse publicity to drown the entire sad affair for good because it has become blantantly obvious that nothing said by AlphaOne can be relied on.

Andy

PS: If AlphaOne was operating today, wouldn't you have expected the website to be updated with some PR about the first flight? If AlphaOne was operating today, would you not have expected the website to be updated regarding bookings (still says bookings will recommend 23rd November)? Of course you wouldn't expect either of those things - its AlphaOne we're talking about

Skymonster
I am not surprised by that and it was only yesterday on the article on Isle of Man Today, where the CAA was mentioned.

Member for

18 years 7 months

BAA Edinburgh showing nothing happening with or to the flights on live departures, but have just phoned @1 and they told me the flights have started.

Odd.

Member for

19 years 9 months

BAA Edinburgh showing nothing happening with or to the flights on live departures, but have just phoned @1 and they told me the flights have started. Odd.

Perhaps AlphaOne has adopted Ryanair-esque policies and are operating from Edinburgh-East Fortune Regional or Edinburgh-Cumbernauld International! :rolleyes: :D

Andy

PS: Could have suggested Edinburgh (Abbotsinch) but that might start another war! :p

Member for

19 years 9 months

Actually, I know... The "new" nine-seater is a DeHavilland DHC-3 Otter float plane and they're operating off the river! :)

Andy

Member for

18 years 7 months

Should have made that clearer: the flights are listed on live departures, but it's not showing any action, like a landing, expected landing, gate open, last post^W^W^W^W call, whatever.

Could they be following the business model of that airline that used to cancel flights from Prestwick to Stornoway / Londonderry at the start of the year whenever both legs had nil loads?

Edit again...

It is now. "Wed 14 December 2005
09:30 K9102 ISLE OF MAN PLEASE CONTACT YOUR AIRLINE "

Member for

18 years 4 months

Dear rockjock

How do you know there was one passenger stranded or where did you get the info from ?

Welcome to the board new member. Interesting question as a first post?

I said at least one passenger was left stranded. In fact it turns out that 3 passengers were left stranded at EDI for this mornings flight. Source Edinburgh Airport.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Thanks for the welcome rockjock

I have been following the forums for a bit before deciding on joining and I noticed that alpha1 has attracted a lot of attention here and in the media.

Thankyou for the source as well

Member for

18 years 4 months

Alphaone flight tonight - possible

Alphaone is considering using a Piper 8 seater out of Blackpool to fulfill it's flight schedule tonight. Passengers unable to fly this morning will be transferred to this evenings flight - if Alphaone decides to take up this option.

Member for

18 years 4 months

No. But its a short hop from Blackpool to the IOM to position the aircraft for this evenings flight.

Member for

18 years 7 months

09:00 K9101 ISLE OF MAN

From EDI arrivals.

IATA Code: K9*
ICAO Code: KRI
Known As: Krylo Airlines
Full Name: Krylo Airlines
Callsign: Krilo
Web Site:

IATA Code: K9
ICAO Code: SGK
Known As: Skyward Aviation
Full Name: Skyward Aviation Ltd.
Callsign: Skyward
Web Site: www.skyward.mb.ca

From airline codes. :confused:

Due to the restricted number of two character codes available in the IATA portfolio there is the opportunity for controlled duplicates where the two airlines area or type of operations are not likely to clash. Eg a domestic pure cargo carrier in the US and a regional airline in SE Asia. I don't remember a case where there were three codes in use but it is some time since I worked for them. K9 maybe in the process of being approved by the Codes Manager there.

Member for

18 years 8 months

From IOM Airport website
Departures
K9105 Edinburgh K9 alpha one 18:15
Arrivals
K9106 Edinburgh K9 alpha one 20:25

Just have two wait and see if it happens now?

Fokker Fan
James