'Watchdog slams BA's safety'

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

May i point out that British Airways has only ever had one major crash where fatalities have occured and this was in the 1970s. It has had its fair share of incidents in the past but that is to be expected given the size of its fleet and age. Comparing it to other airlines of a similar size e.g. Air France it is quite obvious that BA has maintained a very high safety record. This can only reflect the high quality and techniques of its engineering department.

Agree with you're comment hole heatedly
I get bit fed up with people comparing BA to the so called low cost carriers then to slate BA over non maintenance problem's.

Member for

18 years 3 months

May i point out that British Airways has only ever had one major crash where fatalities have occured and this was in the 1970s. It has had its fair share of incidents in the past but that is to be expected given the size of its fleet and age. Comparing it to other airlines of a similar size e.g. Air France it is quite obvious that BA has maintained a very high safety record. This can only reflect the high quality and techniques of its engineering department.

so i take it the british airtours accident at manchester doesn't count then?....even though they were part of british airways.