Virgin Atlantic Deliveries 2006

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

Hello,
Thought I would show the new names and reges for Virgin Atlantic for 2006 :)

G-VBLU - Soul Sister - A340-600 Due Feb 06
G-VFIT - Dancing Queen - A340-600 Due May 06
G-VFIZ - Bubbles - A340-600 Due Jul 06
G-VHIP - TBA - A340-600
G-VWIN - Lady Luck - A340-600 Due Feb 06
G-VYOU - TBA - A340-600

Thanks
Nick

Original post

Member for

20 years 8 months

Has the name that won the ebay bid been announced yet?

Member for

18 years 4 months

so are virgin atlantic going all airbus

Member for

18 years 11 months

Has the name that won the ebay bid been announced yet?

Not yet, should be soon though, the name will go on G-VYOU.

so are virgin atlantic going all airbus

They were lucking to buy or lease some 744s but were too expensive, so looks like Airbus for now.

Nick

Member for

18 years 4 months

cool so how big is virgins currant fleet

Member for

18 years 9 months

cool so how big is virgins currant fleet

Virgin currently operate the following:

9 x A340-300 (1 lsd to Virgin Nigeria)
13 x A340-600
13 x B747-400

Member for

18 years 4 months

cheersa personly i think they have the best looking aircraft in the UK great planes names too

Member for

18 years 9 months

cheersa personly i think they have the best looking aircraft in the UK great planes names too

I absolutely agree; it's nice to see a company that doesn't take itself too seriously :)

Member for

19 years

their planes do look good, but they are quite expensive to fly with although they are a good airline. Hopefully me & philgatwick05 will see a few at LGW tomorrow!

Member for

18 years 4 months

Well personally I think they look tacky!

Member for

24 years 2 months

G-VFIZ - Bubbles - A340-600 Due Jul 06

This one's been named after a celebrity chimp ! :eek:

Member for

24 years 2 months

their planes do look good, but they are quite expensive to fly with although they are a good airline. Hopefully me & philgatwick05 will see a few at LGW tomorrow!

I think their fares are very average, perhaps even cheaper than other airlines such as British Airways on some routes.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Those seem to be all in the first half of the year :) thats cool:) and what routes and frequencies would be added due to the delieveries does anyone know about that?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Obviously Dubai and Mo Bay. The rest are initially going to be used to allow increased frequency on existing operations (eg 3rd LA per day, etc.). Lots of talk of desired routes for the future such as Seoul, Sao Paulo/Rio/BA, Vancouver, etc.

Member for

19 years 6 months

Noticed on the VS thread on airliners.net that there is meant to be a "shock" new MAN route....JFK! Just cannot envisage them operating it now, especially as the "right" aircraft is being displaced and also given that the range of destinations from MAN are predominantely leisure based: MCO, BGI and UVF (even if the latter is STILL not listed on their timetable!)

Member for

24 years 2 months

I am flying them back to London early Feb. Do they only use the A340-300 on the JNB-LHR route. Also someone was telling me that all the economy seats on this route are actually premium economy, any truth? Also for the record Virgin was cheaper than BA & SAA. The Virgin costs include connecting flights to and from Edinburgh

Member for

19 years 11 months

Noticed on the VS thread on airliners.net that there is meant to be a "shock" new MAN route....JFK!
I can't see BA, Delta, PIA and Virgin all working MAN-JFK.

Still, if it's on the Internet it must be true..... :diablo:

Member for

20 years 5 months

Thanks for the info Nick

Member for

24 years 2 months

I am flying them back to London early Feb. Do they only use the A340-300 on the JNB-LHR route. Also someone was telling me that all the economy seats on this route are actually premium economy, any truth? Also for the record Virgin was cheaper than BA & SAA. The Virgin costs include connecting flights to and from Edinburgh

Hi Kev great to hear from you again. I havn't yet got my roster for Feb but I'll let you know if I get a JNB! These days the JNB is mostly on the A346. All A346's have Upper Class Suite, Premium Economy and Economy 3 class layout.

There are also rumours (last person to tell me this was a senior training captain) that there will be more orders to come for a fleet of 160+ aircraft by 10 years from now. I reckon it will be a mixed bag of more A346 plus B777-300ER and B747-800 (as long as the B747-800 is enough of an improvement over the B747-400 otherwise it would just be A346 and B777-300ER). As for the A380...well I'll wait and see how that pans out.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hi Kev great to hear from you again. I havn't yet got my roster for Feb but I'll let you know if I get a JNB! These days the JNB is mostly on the A346. All A346's have Upper Class Suite, Premium Economy and Economy 3 class layout.

Good to hear from you again. I am supposed to be flying the following
03FEB JNBLHR
17FEB LHRJNB

So if you get any of them give me a shout. If so do I get a flight deck visit?
Also last I saw about 2 weeks ago they were still using the A340-300 although believe me I would rather fly the A340-600. I will take my camera with and post pictures when I am in the UK as Internet over here is poor.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I know I wont be on the 3rd (due to the way my roster ends this month). Virgin Nigeria operate a 300 (G-VBUS, soon the be joined by G-VSUN and a couple of others) into JNB but more often than not Atlantic are shoving a 600 down your way.