BACX Revamp today!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

It really imteresting why Flybe have used GLA alot in the article!!!

Member for

20 years 10 months

Will be very interesting to see how this goes, even bmi offer complimentary food/drink on most regional services, they have done the opposite, bmi charge mainline, complimentary regional, BA complimentary mainline, charge 'Connect'.

I also prefer the CitiExpress name.

Member for

18 years 3 months

lol, yes that press release sure is good!

Member for

24 years 2 months

What I like about this change is that the fact that inflight service is being done away with is reflected in the price. Not something that bmi done. Amazingly, LHR to CDG with bmi when they first introduced their low cost model was no different in price to what it was when they offered snacks and beverages in price.

But with some of these Connect routes, getting from A to B for £50 return is great value and no matter how much Ryanair whines on about how overpriced it is, British Airways (or Connect) will offer amazing services that other airlines don't (or perhaps even charge for): the usual baggage allowance (do you not now pay for this 'luxury' with flybe?), online check-in (not offered by anyone), self check-in (again, not seen this anywhere) and decent legroom. And for Ryanair to say that the aircraft will be British Airways' oldest in slightly unfair. I'm sure that if they were still operating the 737-200s that they phased out very recently, they wouldn't have made such a stupid remark!

Member for

20 years 1 month

If the prices are good, then i'll be taking advantage of a few day trips to airports like FRA and MXP!

Member for

20 years 10 months

Im sure bmi said the same when they relaunched, they can say what they like, it's whether they actually do it that matters. We'll have to see.

As you say, BA Connect still offers many of the perks, the best thing I think they have introduced is changeable tickets at the same price, no more restricted tickets, and you can still check in online which is great.

EDIT - Elgan, glad to see I wasn't the only one looking for daytrips to FRA :D.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Tom, the new fare structure doesn't come into effect until Feb 1st :)

:EDIT: Fancy joining me Tom?! :D

Member for

20 years 10 months

Oh....... No wonder then!

Sorry mate :)

Member for

20 years 1 month

No need to be sorry Tom! :D

Member for

19 years 9 months

Well they have done it at last ,Ive flown With BACX on more than one occasion and can not fault them, The EMB 145 were comfortable(leather seats good leg room) and the crew wonderful (MAN-FRA,FRA-MAN)
Same with the DHC8 very roomy ,but no leather seats :( (GLA-MAN,MAN-GLA)

Look foward to fly with them again
Kevin

Member for

20 years 5 months

Very encouraging news from BA.

Typical Ryanair backlash. Even BA mainline is cheaper than them at times. Particularly if you need to travel at a days notice, or like I did recently a few hours notice.

Member for

24 years 2 months

:EDIT: Fancy joining me Tom?! :D

Can I come too? Ill change my name to Tom if you like ;)

Member for

20 years 10 months

Glad Andrew pointed that out, never saw it!

Depending on my financial situation mate, I will consider nearer the time!

Member for

18 years 9 months

online check-in (not offered by anyone)

I believe Ryanair are trialling that this month. Anyone have any updates on this?

Member for

18 years 5 months

It would certainly be nice to see good fares on destinations like Munich, Frankfurt etc.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Depending on my financial situation mate, I will consider nearer the time!

And i told you my plans for the summer last week, so i also might be just that bit tighter on daytrips in 2006 :p

Member for

24 years 2 months

BA con'n'egg - Seems like you won't be getting that onboard any more!!! Coat please...

Member for

20 years 5 months

BA con'n'egg - Seems like you won't be getting that onboard any more!!! Coat please...

allow me to help you with your coat.... would that be the on with the 3 gold stripes or 4 ? ;)