757 Video.....holy @#$%

Profile picture for user Whiskey Delta

Member for

16 years 5 months

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/2006-757_departure.wmv Outstanding!
Original post
Profile picture for user Future Pilot

Member for

16 years 2 months

I have seen that, shows what a fantastic aircraft the B757 really is. Only 20 days (including today) till I'm back on one! :D
Profile picture for user RIPConcorde

Member for

15 years 7 months

WTF is that!! A B757 or a jet fighter on full afterburner!? WOW, wouldn't mind taking the jump seat for that display. Looks like the NZ AF?
Profile picture for user Deano

Member for

16 years 2 months

Very impressive
Profile picture for user PMN

Member for

14 years 2 months

Awesome. Just awesome. I've always been a fan of the 757, and that video in a way reminded me why. Apart from 'that 757 sound', she's one of the sleekest, sexiest aircraft in the skies...In my opinion of course! Paul
Profile picture for user symon

Member for

14 years

Well......can't really say I've ever seen anything as impressive as that before :eek:! That must take some piloting and some impressive aircraft capabilities to pull that off!
Profile picture for user Whiskey Delta

Member for

16 years 5 months

That must take some piloting...
Push the "go" levers forward and pull back on the stick. :) I'm wondering how many negative g's they had during the recovery.
Profile picture for user Bmused55

Member for

16 years

Thats a fighter with a 757 costume.... lol. There is somewhere a brilliant quote from the US Navy. They had been evaluating the 757 as a land based patrol plane and some admiral or such is quoted as saying something along the lines of: "Nevermind patrolling, the 757 could be a creditable dogfighter" I laughed hard when I read it. Unfortunately... I can't seem to find it, despite intensive googling.
Profile picture for user BHXlocal

Member for

14 years 6 months

Absolutley stunning! I also have to say i am a fan of the 757 as it is the most common Boeing aircraft i see :D
Profile picture for user Manston Airport

Member for

14 years 2 months

Thats brilliant by the RNZAF. the 757 has to be boeing's best aircraft every (apart from the B-17 :D ) Here is another one by RNZAF at RAF Fairford http://flightlevel350.com/viewer.php?id=5075 Fokker Fan James

Member for

13 years 10 months

Not bad, wonder what speed it was...
Profile picture for user Future Pilot

Member for

16 years 2 months

Thats brilliant by the RNZAF. the 757 has to be boeing's best aircraft every (apart from the B-17 :D ) Fokker Fan James
What?! Not the Fokker F50/70/100 ;) :D
Profile picture for user davforr

Member for

15 years 8 months

Nice one what a climb !!!!
Profile picture for user kevinwm

Member for

15 years 4 months

GULP,GULP Boeings new Fighter, disguised as commercial passenger aircraft Sneaky
Profile picture for user Ren Frew

Member for

19 years 9 months

Ah it's Air Scotland attempting to improve it's time keeping performance. The optional passenger pick up scoop will be deployed in time for this summer schedule... :D
Profile picture for user Hugh Jarse

Member for

14 years 8 months

PMN - The 757 sound is a result of the RB211-535E4 motors they use. They are a 3 spool engine whereas most turbofans these days are 2 spoolers. The 744 use the same units but the sound is somewhat different as there are 4 of them but you can still pick out that underlying tone. WD - Doubt any negative G. The 75 is not certified for any negative G. Probably recovered from it with some sort of wing over/chandelle manoeuver otherwise it would be plenty of negative G.

Member for

13 years 8 months

can anyone tell me why boeing would cancel production of that airplane. I don't understand their thought process.
Profile picture for user LBARULES

Member for

16 years 5 months

Because no one was ordering it?
Profile picture for user PMN

Member for

14 years 2 months

PMN - The 757 sound is a result of the RB211-535E4 motors they use. They are a 3 spool engine whereas most turbofans these days are 2 spoolers. The 744 use the same units but the sound is somewhat different as there are 4 of them but you can still pick out that underlying tone.
I have heard a similar sound on the 744, but like you say, it isn't quite the same. Thanks for the explanation! Paul