Engine fire on BA8703

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4601342.stm

Sounds like an engine caught fire whilst taxiing.

Aircraft (RJ100) evacuated all safe!.......yay

Kev :)

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Yet another BA RJ100 grounded in the last 2 weeks!

Wonder if they regret letting some of them go to Swiss!

Member for

19 years 7 months

I wonder who told the geezer to get off the plane - he said I'm not for hanging about, so I followed the procedure down the chute and was first off.

I can just imagine the hero kicking the door open...

dme

Member for

20 years 1 month

Could explain the stream of emergency vehicles on the main road out to the airport I heard this morning just after 8am.
Not a bad pax load either. ;)

Member for

24 years 2 months

You know, I just can't imagine sliding down a chute from an RJ100 ? Must be all of four feet long ???

Member for

24 years 2 months

This Alasdair Morton seems to be "bigging it up"! "There was no one to take us further away from the plane" - so in the immediate few seconds after calling for exacuation he expects a full fleet of vechiles to be beside the plane? He could have tried RUNNING away from the plane if he was so scared! He says they were within 20m but what was stopping them moving further away?

Member for

19 years 10 months

Hi

A jet2.com aircraft (Type B733/752 Not Known) operateing this morning flight to Prague as the Channex 195 from Leeds/Bradford Airport at 10:15 local called a may-day this morning just after take-off. The aircraft in question Landed safely back at LBA on one engine about 15 minutes later on runway 32. LBA's Full emergency procedure was put into place. Once the aircraft had landed the Airport was shut for upto 30 mins as they was no fire cover at the time. Several aircraft where stacked into the hold or were delayed on the ground.

Another Jet2.com aircraft was despacted to operate the Prague rotation and departed about 13:00ish as the Channex 195E.

Member for

19 years

...i'm guessing the 757...

Member for

19 years 10 months

It is Now known to be an Jet2.com Boeing 737-300 that was involved in this mornings incident at Leeds/Bradford

Member for

20 years 10 months

Two fires in one day!

We could hear all the fire engines making their way to LBA from college, and wondered what was going on, someone said the wing was on fire which I think may have been exaggerated!!

Glad to hear in both cases that everything was ok.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Hi

A jet2.com aircraft (Type B733/752 Not Known) operateing this morning flight to Prague as the Channex 195 from Leeds/Bradford Airport at 10:15 local called a may-day this morning just after take-off. The aircraft in question Landed safely back at LBA on one engine about 15 minutes later on runway 32. LBA's Full emergency procedure was put into place. Once the aircraft had landed the Airport was shut for upto 30 mins as they was no fire cover at the time. Several aircraft where stacked into the hold or were delayed on the ground.

Another Jet2.com aircraft was despacted to operate the Prague rotation and departed about 13:00ish as the Channex 195E.

So much for the wing being snapped off. :rolleyes:

Member for

18 years 5 months

the Jet2 plane involved was G-CELC there was a picture on bbc news tonight

Member for

19 years 10 months

Hi

Jet2 have re located B737-300 G-CELA from Newcastle down to Leeds/Bradford this afernoon. Its here to operate flights G-CELC was ment to be operateing today.

Anyone know what aircraft has been sent to cover G-CELA up at Newcastle??

Member for

18 years 7 months

Does anyone know what exactly happened to CELC?

Paul

Member for

18 years 6 months

They dont anything at Newcastle until tomorrow afternoon's Cork flight do they??