Venice airport vantage points

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 2 months

Can anyone help with assistance on photography at Marco Polo and Treviso airports please? I will have some time to kill at the end of Feb and would like info on any vantage points that are "safe" for the average viewer. Thanks.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Treviso is well out of town, with very little activity. 1x Daily SAAB340 of Carpetair and around a half a dozen daily RYR flights account for the sum total of traffic. Mil traffic was few and far between on my last visit. A good VCE gateway on the lo-co scale, but not for the spotter.

Member for

24 years 2 months

In the unlikely event that small aircraft interest you there is a really superb little airfield on the Lido, just a short water-bus ride from the main Island of Venice.

Treviso is nearly an hour away by road (in traffic)

Moggy

Member for

18 years 2 months

Thanks. I am FR'ing into (& out of!) Treviso and may have a day in the middle of the holiday while "she who must be..." goes shopping :o)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Just a quick tip garnered from my first trip to Venice a couple of months back.

Set aside a morning. Don some smart gear, arrive at Harry's Bar as it opens, (I think 11 am, but check), sit sipping overpriced but tasty Bellinis as the tourists in shorts / kagoules, whatever, are turned away.

Google 'Harry's Bar' if you need to know more. SWMBO will enjoy it more than shopping - trust me.

Moggy