Ryanair bans three passengers for stealing life-jackets

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

he he... thought I'd try that out. :diablo:

:D :D

Member for

18 years 7 months

Neighbours crash i thought was very well filmed to be like what I imagine a real crash would be. Mind you the DC3 did still afloat alot longer (at least 1 hour) than you would expect!! Too bad about David, Liliana and Serene dying! Thank god Sky didnt Bmi star and me are thankful for that :D

Back to Topic before we enter GD teritory!

I dont follow Neighbours, but reading your description of the plot, i guess the actors who play David, Liliana and Serene didnt agree with the terms of the new contracts offered to them by the TV company, whereas "Sky" did :)

Maybe they will yet sign new contracts and it will turn out to be just a bad dream in the shower, like Bobby in Dallas !!

Member for

18 years 9 months

Once upon a time, there was a DC-8 which ditched in San Francisco Bay for reasons other than fuel starvation. It ditched with gear out, too - which is supposedly the wrong way to ditch.

No one was hurt, and the aircraft flew again - though it did not fly out of the bay. The plane sank to touch bottom in shallow water so that the water was about level with the passenger floor and door thresholds.

The reason? The plane got lost in the San Francisco fog and thought they were landing on the runway. Except oops! they were not, and the plane naturally sank into the surface.

I do wonder how the landing gear and engines reacted to being pressed into water moving at landing speed...

Member for

19 years 5 months

I read somewere that Alaskan Airways "lose" 1/3 of there life jackes every year. They put it down to the fact that so many Alaskans have boats!

The landing gear and engines have fuse pins that are designed to fail under impact loads. This is to prevent the wings being ripped open, releasing the fuel. Also if you have a bad landing it limits the damage to the airframe so you can repair it.

Personaly life jackets are a waste of money. If you survive the initial crash, if the aircraft holds together, if the aircraft floats long enough, if the doors are not jammed closed by the impact, if you can get past the old folks clutching their duty free, IF THE LIFE JACKET ACTUALY INFLATES!!!! you are going to freeze to death in a matter of minutes because there is no such thing as warm water at sea. The airlines would be better spending their mony on preventing the crash in the first place.

Any way nobody ever pays attention to the safety briefing the cabin crew give, so they would not know were to find the things in the first place

Rgds Cking