Most annoying travel problem...

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 9 months

I have travelled on 757s more than any aircraft and still have no idea of this smell your on about, we'll see tommorow!

Member for

19 years 2 months

I drive them for a living and notice it every time I get on one. All I need to do is go and sniff my uniform jacket and I get reminded of the 767 odour. Shame we can only post pictures and not smells!

Member for

18 years 6 months

I drive them for a living and notice it every time I get on one. All I need to do is go and sniff my uniform jacket and I get reminded of the 767 odour.!

lol.

I was told that the smell is a combination of the food, fuel and toliets...

Shame we can only post pictures and not smells!

If only we could...that could be an entire thread feature by itself, lmao. :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

What annoys me more than anything is passengers whose hand baggage is very obviously overweight, or worse still, much bigger than it should be. And airlines which have policies and these pathetic metal things at check-in showing how big a bag can be, and then refusing to stop it from going in the cabin.

Coming back from Hong Kong wasn't very pleasant. I was one of the first to get to the back of the aircraft and put my small bag into the overhead locker. Within 5 minutes, lots of larger and heavier bags had been chucked on top of it. All of which were clearly too big to in the overhead locker.

But coming back from Budapest, one member of crew had a bit of a go at a passenger who was heaving a large suitcase through the aisle. He wasn't capable of carrying it because it was too heavy and it was too wide to fit down the aisle anyway, so he stood out as a bit of an idiot. I'm not sure where that one ended up!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well TBH mate I don't think I have ever experienced any overwhelming smell (good or bad) when boarding an aircraft! :D

I have. For the Manchester meet back in August, they were heating up our breakfast paninis in the rear galley. I was in row 34 (right at the back) and there was a very strong smell of this thing cooking, but it was too strong and made me slightly nauseus. I had a bit of a headache later on.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Having the flu 4 hrs before my flight. Happened yesterday, was supposed to be in London right now.

Member for

21 years 1 month

People who after having stowed hand luggage in the o/h bins get up again and either move them, get something from them that they must have now - all while blocking the aisle for other passengers.

People who try and squeeze past the cabin crew when a drink / meal service is being done.

People who get off and then stop (looking lost) at the bottom of an escalator! - had this in AMS last year and had to push them out of the way to avoid the crush behind. This was using the new 'H' gates on arrival at AMS - long queue at passport control.

Taking trollies on escalators (even if allowed) - saw an elderley couple who could not push their laden trolley off the top of an escalator - had to have help from somebody at the top.

Member for

24 years 3 months

The 'terribly important' types who carry on one item of hand baggage :)

And a suit carrier :o

And a brief case :(

And a lap top :mad:

Moggy

Member for

20 years 1 month

Yes, I've seen people boarding with suit carriers larger than my checked suitcase! Always pin-striped and generally obese "important" types.

Member for

18 years 5 months

The people that insist on spreading out as much as they can and you are sitting next to them.
People that snore loudly in your ear. ( i had that coming back from New York several years back)

Member for

20 years 1 month

That reminds me - people who fall asleep on your shoulder - even on a 1 hour flight! Usually tanked up to the eyeballs.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Always pin-striped and generally obese "important" types.

Bet they were wearing a dark overcoat that needed to be taken off and carefully folded whilst standing in the aisles too?

Moggy

Member for

24 years 3 months

That reminds me - people who fall asleep on your shoulder - even on a 1 hour flight! Usually tanked up to the eyeballs.

Unless they are pretty :)

Moggy

Member for

20 years 1 month

Next to a sleepy nice girl once - on a 7 hour transatlatic flight - can't afford those trips any more, though, now I have a group of divorce lawyers to support (no connection with that particular flight, though!)!

Member for

18 years 5 months

Bet they were wearing a dark overcoat that needed to be taken off and carefully folded whilst standing in the aisles too?

Moggy

And they make sure they are in a seat very close to the front and are one of the first on. And have to place their breifcase perrfectly in the over head locker.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Moggy

And they make sure they are in a seat very close to the front and are one of the first on. And have to place their breifcase perrfectly in the over head locker.

What can i say you got me :p

Member for

20 years 11 months

And they make sure they are in a seat very close to the front

One of my favourites at work is when row 1 is full and they all sit there like sardines while rows 4, 5 and 6 are completely empty.

When I suggest that they might like to spread out into the empty rows they look at me like I've suggested they jump under a passing train, then look at each other trying to will someone else to move.

Ahh the status of row 1.

1L.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Ahh the status of row 1.

Ahh yes, a classic one there...!

And another classic...the annyoing child in the seat behind that has a fascination of kicking the back of your seat.

On one flight, I had this unfortunate event happen to me, so I turned around and said: "Stop kicking the back of my seat, or I'll break your legs!" in a harsh and firm tone...and suprise, suprise, the kicking stopped. :D (Oh how I would loved for him to continue... :diablo: )

Another thing is when a passengers asked to speak to the duty manager or someone else in a more senior position than a lonesome check-in agent, only to be told exactly what I have told them...usually its about paying excess baggage, or the fact that they have to check their hand luggage in cos its too heavy!

On the sympathetic side, does anyone else think that infants should be given a weight limit at all? It does seem a trifle unfair that it has been to combined within the parents luggage allowence. I think that they should be able to take on one extra piece of hand luggage only with essentials in it (change of nappy, bottle of milk and food, etc.)

Member for

24 years 3 months

On the sympathetic side, does anyone else think that infants should be given a weight limit at all?

Nobody under the age of sixteen should be allowed on a passenger flight at all IMHO. :mad:

Moggy

Member for

18 years 2 months

Waiting in a queue at the check in desk for hours and other passengers who try to pass the whole queue by checking in at the business desk even they are going to fly economy. That happend to me in Manchester recently. That annoyes me! But at least a staff told them to wait in the queue like all other passengers.