mystery plane at ncl on the hardstands

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 4 months

heya every one hope all is well i was at ncl today and i noticed a plane sitting on the hardstands that i didn't recognise it was a twin prop white fusalage with a green symbol on the tail anyone now what it was

cheers

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Anything like this ?

Member for

18 years 4 months

theres nowt there dude

Member for

24 years 3 months

Oops sorry. Try again.

Attachments

Member for

18 years 4 months

no dude it looked like a 2 engined p3 orion was that from 2day

Member for

24 years 3 months

HS748? ATP

Member for

18 years 4 months

i saw it from the edge of the terminal it was to the left of a jet2.com 737

Member for

24 years 3 months

Could well be. But who operates them now to match that description ?

Member for

18 years 4 months

thats the one dude nice one cheers guys

Member for

24 years 3 months

G-BGMO in the new livery is the weekendstopper this week on the NCLK-BRS mailers

Member for

24 years 3 months

Gosh, how the world has changed. 748s used to be common as muck at regional airports.

Moggy

Member for

18 years 4 months

i thort i recogniesed it but i still wasn't sure i actully thort is was an andover at first

Member for

24 years 3 months

Andover was basically a militarised HS748.

Member for

18 years 9 months

You know you're getting on in years when younger forum members don't recognize a 748!!

Member for

18 years 4 months

it seems so mate were they heavily used at one point

Member for

24 years 3 months

it seems so mate were they heavily used at one point

They were heavily used throughout the UK full stop! LOL.

Member for

24 years 3 months

You know you're getting on in years when younger forum members don't recognize a 748!!

They were the 'regional jet' of their day, ten a penny wherever you looked. Glasgow Airport used to be full of BA and Dan Air examples back in the 70's and 80's...

Incidentally, didn't Charles and Di head off on honeymoon in a Queen's Flight 748 after their wedding ? And isn't the Andover a slightly longer version with a Hercules style diagonally sloping rear fuselage with a cargo ramp ?

Member for

24 years 3 months

And isn't the Andover a slightly longer version with a Hercules style diagonally sloping rear fuselage with a cargo ramp ?

And a 'kneeling' undercarriage IIRC

Moggy

Member for

24 years 3 months

They were the 'regional jet' of their day, ten a penny wherever you looked. Glasgow Airport used to be full of BA and Dan Air examples back in the 70's and 80's...

Incidentally, didn't Charles and Di head off on honeymoon in a Queen's Flight 748 after their wedding ? And isn't the Andover a slightly longer version with a Hercules style diagonally sloping rear fuselage with a cargo ramp ?

Yes the Andover was slightly longer, and also the rear bogies could be lowered so that it 'knelt' to allow a lower loading deck level.

Member for

24 years 3 months

And a 'kneeling' undercarriage IIRC

Moggy

Here's a nice looking one, also a BA 'Budgie' at Glasgow back in the good old days.