Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

This should be worth a watch

www.channel4.com/news/microsites/R/ryanair_caught_napping/index.html

Original post

Member for

20 years 10 months

Have read about this on various forums, should be very interesting, as a fan of Ryanair, I cant wait to see it!

Member for

20 years 1 month

Ahha! After a day flying FR I shall come home and watch this! Great! :D

Member for

20 years 10 months

This is the same programme that had a former BA hostie set up several of her former colleagues in the interest of progressing her media career.

Whilst I am no fan of Ryanair I expect this programme will be the sort of 'shocking' journalism that we are used to seeing in the tabloid press.

1L.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I must say it will be interesting to see what safety related things ryanair are reported not carrying out. I am sure every airline has tired pilots and cabin crew nearly maxed out at some point!

BTW How did she get the camera equip. past airport metal dectectors! Wonder where she was based! Suppose have to wait to 13th to see this!

Member for

19 years 8 months

I must say it will be interesting to see what safety related things ryanair are reported not carrying out. I am sure every airline has tired pilots and cabin crew nearly maxed out at some point!

BTW How did she get the camera equip. past airport metal dectectors! Wonder where she was based! Suppose have to wait to 13th to see this!

You just have to read on Pprune, i know somethings cant be taken literally on there, but there's enough ryanair pilots b-tching about maxing out on allowed hrs (900 per year), Holidays which have been cancelled,being called in on restdays when not on standby etc etc..

Wonder in M O'Leary has seen a pre-screening of the programme,so he can comment, or got his team of vipers...sorry lawyers ready to get an injuction against C4 to stop the programme?

If not, im willing to bet the sum of 10pence that Ryanair introduces a new sales drive the following day offering more cheapseats than you can throw a hamster at.

Member for

18 years 3 months

I suspect the programme will be the usual rubbish, all very predictable. I mean, if after 10 months of filming I'm sure you can find a few minutes of something interesting in any business. 2 idiot wannabe TV presenters no doubt trying to further their 'careers' haha. Try getting a day job next time..no chance.

Most people can see through the hype. BTW, has anyone seen the recent quality of C4 programmes, it's hilarious :P eg Body Shock-The Half Ton Man was my fav. Joke.

redsquare

Member for

19 years 8 months

A bit long-winded but interesting all the same.

And does any of it surprise you? Maybe a few issues that need to be addressed, but much of what C4 claim they are going to say about Ryanair seems very much like issues that arise at any airline from time to time. To be honest, having read the correspondance, my expectation of the program is that it is going to mostly be sensationalism aimed at trying to alarm a non-informed audience.

I absolutely loathe Ryanair and its business practices and I look forward to anything that takes a swipe at the airline, or more particularly at its boss. However, if there really are any smoking guns at Ryanair, I suspect that they'd have been better addressed by sending in truely informed / industry aware investigators. Of course, that might not have been so easy for C4, nor may it have made such good television (the mission for which, after all, is primarily entertainment).

Andy

Member for

18 years 3 months

I must applaude Ryanair & MOL for their openess in this. This has the potential to backfire on C4. It makes me sick that these people betray peoples' trust and now crew have to question the motives of each other. Other airlines and their crews will also be on the lookout from now on to catch these 'reporters'.

Also, the chances now of being allowed any sort of photography near a Ryanair aircraft is now even more reduced. I know all the Captains I know won't allow any cockpit visits or photos.. shame as that was what first got me really interested in flying (Thanks to an Air2000 crew years ago for a jumpseat into AGP).

In my relatively short time in RYR, there have been numerous spot checks by national CAA's and are always thorough, probably because of Ryanair's perceived potential to decimate their ayling and bankrupt national carriers.

Are RYR perfect? Not by a longshot but they're doing something right. Are RYR cocky? You betcha! People used to laugh at the plans for expansion. I still have a Flight International article from 1994 which strongly questioned the prospects for a small regional Irish airline when they purchased the 2nd hand 737-200s.

If some people don't like Ryanair for whatever reason, that's fine but the issue with the the hacks who seemingly think they are above the law is an industry wide issue and they will hopefully be shown where they can stick it. :dev2:

Will this programme affect Ryanair? Absolulely not, it could even act as an advertisment. 42 million pax this year says it all.

Viva La Ryanair!

Member for

20 years 10 months

Skymonster,

Couldn't agree with you more,

1L.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Well......What did you all think???

Im sure many if not all of you guys and gals saw the Dispatches programme tonight about Ryanair:

Just interested on what you all thought after seeing it!!!

I personaly wouldnt feel safe onboard a FR flight now!!

Member for

18 years 4 months

ryan air r going down after that like there attude is shocking

Member for

20 years 1 month

I don't see how we can single out FR although it certainly hasn't reflected well on them! It's made me wonder who else might be up to dirty tricks actually...
FR aren't the only airline operating high utilisation rates etc.

Member for

20 years

I haven't seen the programme here in Sweden, but I have 4 Ryanair flights booked for next month and have no qualms - there are aspects of the company I dislike intensely as a passenger, but have flown them many times before and accept that a low-cost airline may have foreign/grumpy cabin crew, rugby scrum boarding, etc., but I put my faith in the flight crew who have in no way given me cause for concern yet.
I have been frightened on Alitalia a few times though (many years ago), especially landing at Reggio Calabria!

Member for

19 years 11 months

Just hope that the person who occupied the seat before you wasn't airsick, Papa! :eek:

Or that there isn't a smell of aftershave.......... :diablo:

Member for

18 years 4 months

all i can say is that easyjet and jet2 are gonna do well out of this

Member for

20 years 10 months

The only downside as far as I'm concerned is that it will be the crew, pilots and cabin crew that will suffer from this outing, not the arrogant individual that created an enviromnent of fear, intimidation and poor operating practices. I imagine the witch hunt within FR has already started, all the very best to all of you concerned and I so hope the Captain featured can remain anonymous.

Member for

19 years 4 months

Oh, don't sit in seat 1A, you will definately die in a crash..... :dev2:

Gaz

Member for

20 years 10 months

I thought the programme was nothing really entirely unexpected, I think to be honest, we all expected those sort of things of Ryanair, and whilst not good, i'm sure they are not the only airline out there doing that sort of thing.

I fly them next Tuesday, and have no qualms about it.

Member for

20 years

True, the turnround is so quick here in Säve (Ryanair's "Gothenburg International") that the seats are still warm! However that's good in the winter after trudging across 100 yards of ramp in a howling blizzard from the terminal building (shack)!