No Cathay Service From MAN Just Yet

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 11 months

Apparently Cathay Pacific Airways has announced a postponement of the planned launch of services from MAN to Hong Kong via Moscow.

The tri-weekly service was due to begin on 27 March, but the airline is still "awaiting the completion of regulatory formalities regarding Manchester".

Make of this what you will.....................

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

I don't see much point anyway in CX returning to MAN. They offer much cheaper fares going thru LHR, and infact they are better timings than what CX are offering to MAN.

Also i think they have come back too late, as the likes of BA,KLM,LH,EK,and QTR are now offering some attractive fares and schedules to HKG, as i found out last month!

Member for

19 years 11 months

Yes, you could have knocked me down with a feather. :rolleyes:

But you already know my thoughts on this, Elgan. :D

Member for

19 years 8 months

One of the posts on a.net recently suggested bmi have objected.

Andy

Member for

19 years 6 months

Doubt it would be bmi....given the history of objections to long-haul airlines wishing to service MAN and "aligned" airlines being "encouraged" to drop MAN, I would not be too surprised if it was not a Bigger Airline.

David

Member for

21 years

Its supposed to be the airline with the current unexercised traffic rights between MAN and SVO. I cant think who this is off the top of my head?

Member for

19 years 11 months

For some inexplicable reason, the phrase "Dog in the manger" is flitting across my mind........ :rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 1 month

Yes, you could have knocked me down with a feather. :rolleyes:

But you already know my thoughts on this, Elgan. :D

Hehe yeah sorry :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sorry, this news came out yesterday morning, and I didn't think to post..here is what I received...

Cathay defers HK-Moscow-Manchester launch
Nicholas Ionides, Singapore (09Feb06, 09:02 GMT, 196 words)

Hong Kong’s Cathay Pacific Airways has deferred the planned 27 March launch of passenger services to Moscow and Manchester as a result of regulatory issues.

The Oneworld alliance carrier says in a statement that it now hopes to launch the thrice-weekly services, which will operate on a Hong Kong-Moscow-Manchester return routing, “later in the year”.

Cathay announced plans for the new route in December when it said Aeroflot would codeshare on its flights. A spokesman in Hong Kong will not say specifically what the regulatory problems are, although it is thought that they are related to Aeroflot and rights for the Moscow-Manchester leg.

“Preparations for a new service typically need to be completed well in advance of the launch date. Unfortunately, we continue to await the completion of regulatory formalities regarding Manchester, which is taking longer than originally anticipated, so the airline has made the decision now to postpone,” Cathay says.

“We are continuing to work hard with our partners to resolve these issues.”

Cathay has served Manchester in the past and has been talking about launching services of its own to Moscow for years. It currently codeshares on Aeroflot’s flights between Moscow and Hong Kong.

Source: Air Transport Intelligence news

Member for

24 years 2 months

Apparently Cathay Pacific Airways has announced a postponement of the planned launch of services from MAN to Hong Kong via Moscow.

The tri-weekly service was due to begin on 27 March, but the airline is still "awaiting the completion of regulatory formalities regarding Manchester".

Make of this what you will.....................

as you said Grey, "awaiting the completion of regulatory formalities regarding Manchester".

Nothing more......