Plane Accident in Seville (Air Algerie B737-600)

Member for

15 years 4 months

source: www.jacdec.de (incl. pics)
<<
DATE: 18.03.2006
LOCAL TIME: ~ 10:25
AIRLINE: Air Algerie
TYPE: Boeing 737-6D6
C/N: 30209
OPERATION: INP
FLIGHT No.: -
TO: Seville
VIA:-
OCCUPANTS:
PAX: 101
CREW:x
FATALITIES:
PAX: 0
CREW: 0
OTHER: 0
INJURIES:
PAX: 45
CREW:x
OTHER: 0
DAMAGE TO AIRCRAFT: substantial
On landing roll the right main gear collapsed causing substantial damage to the right wing structure before coming to rest (partially) beneath runway (27/09, 3300 m). Injuries occured during emegency evacuation. The 737 was chartered by spanish families who host West Saharian children refugees in algerian camps for holidays in their home. Seville airportĀ“s single runway was blocked for hours to ensure rescue operations.>>

Original post
Profile picture for user philgatwick05

Member for

14 years 6 months

According to Reuters only 6 were actually injured although 45 were taken to hospital as a precaution. It's a 737NG as well by the looks of it

Profile picture for user LBARULES

Member for

16 years 7 months

Well a 737-600 is a NG.

Sounds like pretty serious damage to the aircraft, glad to hear injuries were minimal :)

Member for

14 years 6 months

Well a 737-600 is a NG.

Yes I felt a bit silly when I'd posted then read the thread title :rolleyes:

Profile picture for user tomfellows

Member for

14 years 8 months

Sounds like pretty serious damage to the aircraft, glad to hear injuries were minimal :)

Indeed. It always seems to be the evacuations that cause injuries though.

Member for

14 years 6 months

Indeed. It always seems to be the evacuations that cause injuries though.

Sliding from a 737-600 must be pretty bad...but top deck A380!

Member for

14 years 8 months

but top deck A380!

let's hope it never happens for real :)

Member for

14 years 6 months

Has that certification test occured yet? Rumours were that it was in March sometime.

Member for

14 years 8 months

If it has, then I'm sure the Airbus website will have news on it :)

Profile picture for user Bmused55

Member for

16 years 2 months

Has that certification test occured yet? Rumours were that it was in March sometime.

They're waiting for favourable conditions :rolleyes:
I think they've even asked the CAA and FAA if they can conduct the tests indoors. "For participant safety". I'm sure it is merely a coincidence that the upper slides were blowing away in the slightest wind. ;) :diablo:

Member for

16 years 9 months

The evacuation test shown on the 777 program 21st Century Jet was also done inside.

Participant safety is a valid reason as you do not want to put people at an unnecessary risk - they are all volunteers as well. A certain % would probably have done 1 or more slides previously so would know what to expect.

Did Boeing ever do a full evacuation on the 400 model using the upper deck slides as these would be of a similar height to the A380 top deck ones.

Member for

16 years 2 months

Seen a few pics of this 736.

Seems like a pretty hard landing had forced the landing gear support beam (false spar) to punch through the wing a little. It has dislodged the trailing edge flaps and the gear now rests swept backwards.

Profile picture for user Schorsch

Member for

14 years 3 months

They're waiting for favourable conditions :rolleyes:
I think they've even asked the CAA and FAA if they can conduct the tests indoors. "For participant safety". I'm sure it is merely a coincidence that the upper slides were blowing away in the slightest wind. ;) :diablo:

Just a valid thing: the evacuation is done "by night". So either wait for the night or use a hangar and switch off the light. No need to use " :rolleyes: " because this is common practise even with super-safe Boeing aircraft.

Member for

16 years 2 months

Just a valid thing: the evacuation is done "by night". So either wait for the night or use a hangar and switch off the light. No need to use " :rolleyes: " because this is common practise even with super-safe Boeing aircraft.

Clearly I've hit a nerve.

The :rolleyes: were meant to convey my comment as tongue in cheek. Perhaps a ":p" would have been better.

Profile picture for user Schorsch

Member for

14 years 3 months

Clearly I've hit a nerve.

Yes, you did. Please understand that I go against claims if they have no validation and especially don't like if they are done "by-the-way". Feel free to do the same with my claims.

Member for

16 years 2 months

Yes, you did. Please understand that I go against claims if they have no validation and especially don't like if they are done "by-the-way". Feel free to do the same with my claims.

It wasn't a claim per se. Just a tongue in cheek jibe.
I am fully aware how these tests are undertaken ;)

There is no need to be so oversensative though this is not Airliners.net :cool: