Continental IFE ...

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 4 months

As I am travelling with Continental across the pond in July ... I am curious to know what they offer in terms of IFE ... moving maps, flight camera's etc. Any information would be muchly appreciated. :)

Original post

Member for

20 years 8 months

Well your travelling on a Continental 752, they have the dropdown TV's from the ceiling showing movies/TV shows etc etc and if that's not on it does show a moving map along with current altitude/speed/outside temp/flight time remaining etc.

Having travelled on three CO 752s of flights over 5 hours (BHX-EWR/LAS-EWR/BHX-EWR) I can say it really is a plesant experiance, not like some who say single isle trans-atlantic travel is a horror story :D

Member for

18 years 4 months

Thanks very much. You know the actuall 'in air' time for the flight from MAN-EWR? And is there any chance the flight will be changed to the more suited 767-400:P

Member for

20 years 8 months

No problem, the actual flight time of MAN-EWR is 7 hours 45 minutes. I don't which of the MAN flights your travelling on whether it be CO21 or CO101 but either way this summer both flights are scheduled to be B757-200s as is every other UK CO flight with the exception of LGWs.

As for a B764 upgrade? very unlikely unless your aircraft goes tech and they have a spare widebody lying around or the other flight is cancelled and they send a widebody to sub for both etc I'm not going into all the possible scenarios but as I said. Unlikely! :dev2: ;) :) .

I know how you feel though as I was begging for the same thing on my flights! :D they really are an enjoyable ride and I would have no problem flying with the B752 over the pond again.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Thanks very much :)

Member for

19 years 9 months

Continental have changed the a/c type almost every year on this route; back in 2001 I flew on a B777 on MAN-EWR then a new 767-200 from EWR to IAH. Last year MAN got a 767-200 and a 757 in the summer. From what I've read the 757s are ok but the IFE lags well behind the B767s and B777s. These have seatback TV and a games system as well. I've flown on 757s many times on routes upto 5 hours but as much as I like Continental; I would choose another carrier if they were using a wide bodied a/c on the same route.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Thanks for the replies. I have also flown on many 757's (I'm always stuck on one of them damn thngs) and have found their IFE system's quite poor. They were with charter airlines though, which made me think Continental's IFE on the 757's would be different. On the way back from America, i'm flying on an Air France A343, so this might be alot better in terms of IFE. Anyone know about this? Thanks again.

Member for

20 years 10 months

NEVER EVER complain about being stuck on a 757! Think about it..... you could be on an A321! *HORROR*! (Just joking ;)).