Problem Overhead LBA ?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Just been out for a walk in the local park and observed an a/c at high level going round in a circuit. All i can assume is that the a/c is trying to burn fuel off. The circuit takes about 20 mins to complete but you can follow it all the way around due to its contrail. Talking to a guy out walking his dog he has been observing the same a/c for the last two hours. Anyone know any details ?

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Or its a fighter doing high-level training. I get it all the time here in North Wales, sometimes we get a sonic-boom, but thats once in a blue moon

Member for

21 years

I'm with Elgan on this one, the RAF use the LBA beacon quite a lot for training, King Airs are quite common there amongst others.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Its a jet 100 %. Mabye it is RAF but its twin engine ?

Member for

18 years 1 month

Its a awack, like a B707 with a radar on top, its doing training i think

For you who dont know what a Awak is i think this is one:
Click here

Danny

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yep can confirm that, just been back out with the binoculars. Thanks for the help gents.

Member for

18 years

Hi, I first noticed it at about 12.30, and it has just stoped going around about 10 mins ago. I took some pics with my phone at about 1.30 but they are not very good quality.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Ah, I recognise those contrails from when I walked out of the terminal.

Member for

19 years 8 months

Interesting shots, but is it not AWAC rather than AWACK?

Member for

18 years 6 months

Yeah, for those that may not know, AWAC stands for - airborne warning control system, and the aircraft is also known as the 'Sentry', and was in fact my favourite military aircraft, back in my Air Cadet days... :D

Member for

20 years 10 months

I also recognise those contrails, never took any notice of them!

Member for

20 years 1 month

I saw those trails too i was on the train going into Leeds
they were over towards the East
interesting to know what was going on

Member for

18 years 2 months

well i bin up in tghe LBA region all day i mean all day from 9.30 till 22.00 lol anyways ive seen them going round and round all day and they are not RAF defo commercial. just circle after circle and did take about 20 mins

Member for

18 years

I saw something similar a few months back. About 8am in the morning an aircraft with a large contrail doing a 180 degree turn over Leeds. There was already one other contrail in the same shape a short distance away. Big brother is watching!

Member for

18 years 2 months

these ones were doin 360's

Member for

24 years 2 months

LBA-EGNM as posted above it was an RAF AWAC and not commercial traffic. Also as you have been asked before please stop using slang on here. It's difficult to understand and people find it irritating. Thanks.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Don't worry. It's nothing abnormal. Probably just aircraft that are spreading some chemtrails ;) ;) .

Tillerman.

Member for

18 years 4 months

hey guys there could be an fighter exersise going on over the north sea it could be a support aircraft

Member for

18 years 2 months

Hey sorry guys about the slang. I only thought it was commercial because i saw them go up and down all day and just presumed. When you say it was support aircraft for the RAF do you mean aircraft such as the VC10's?

Member for

18 years 2 months

Yeah, for those that may not know, AWAC stands for - airborne warning control system, and the aircraft is also known as the 'Sentry', and was in fact my favourite military aircraft, back in my Air Cadet days... :D

Hey sorry guys about the slang. I only thought it was commercial because i saw them go up and down all day and just presumed. When you say it was support aircraft for the RAF do you mean aircraft such as the VC10's? I have noticed that it was mentioned that they were senterys and you like them from back on your cadet days i must say im still at cadets and i prefer the VC10 lol :p

Member for

18 years 8 months

Hi, I first noticed it at about 12.30, and it has just stoped going around about 10 mins ago. I took some pics with my phone at about 1.30 but they are not very good quality.

Is it me but that last picture looks like its an two engine plane.

James