'Four Seasons in One GLA'

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ventured out today after a phone call from KevinWM, who suggested there may be a couple on interesting visitors in the form of an Israeli Jetstream and perhaps a Mexican ATR routing through ? The weather was wet, sunny, windy and fine !!!!

Up at emergency gate 3 there is some construction work going on, where a new hard stand is being built. The workers and their equipment kind of get in the way a bit, so I decided to showcase them at work and enjoying the daily Emirates 777-300ER arrival, which the gate man confessed to me to being his favourite. I agree, it looks great...

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Next to appear was the Israeli Jetstream for a gas n' go. Unfortunately it got a little bit obscured by the workers Heras fencing. Nice to see one of these little birds again at GLA...

Member for

24 years 3 months

And a selection of what else came by from the same spot and the gate just along the road where I met KevinWM, E-GPK and Tartan Pics, a regular forum meet up, impromptu style. :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

Up close and personal...

Next a little jaunt up to the 23 approach at Greenock Road layby, where they come right over your head on finals... :eek:

The weather changing with every arrival. :rolleyes:

Never did see that Mexican ATR though... :confused:

Member for

19 years 8 months

Nice pics!!! Lovin the EK777.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Great shots!

Member for

19 years 5 months

Nice pics. Are there many gaps for camera lenses at crash gate 3?

Member for

20 years

Very nice, Allen. :)

Member for

18 years 8 months

nice shots there

peter

Member for

19 years 1 month

Great pics!

Member for

18 years 1 month

Excellent stuff Allen, good to meet you and Kevin. And true to your word you were first to load up your shots hehe.
BTW to answer an earlier query from N5552.0W004259: There are a few cut holes in the fence, as well as gaps in the gates, and while the work on the new remote stands is ongoing the gate is being opened quite often to let wagons in/out, unfortunately the work is going on at an area that gets in the way of shooting

Member for

18 years 2 months

Nice shots there mate!

Member for

20 years 11 months

Excellent shots Allen, always loved your shots!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Excellent shots Allen, always loved your shots!

Cheers Tom, and everyone else.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Great shots there. That EK 773 seems like such a regular visitor. Do you ever get 772's? Much prefer those.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Great shots there. That EK 773 seems like such a regular visitor. Do you ever get 772's? Much prefer those.

There's been a few but the 773 is now the regular equipment.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Hi Renfrew

Great shots there four seasons i got a soaking today

E-GPK

Member for

19 years 10 months

Hi Allen and all
Some grate pics there, I might post the COA Latter ,but I think there is enough Threads from Glasgow today, so if it's ok, will tag the COA to this thread .
Got fed up waiting for the atr so headed down to Pik, again not much to see

Kevin
The Travelling Glasgow Paparrazzi

Member for

19 years 6 months

Looks like I missed a gathering of folk at Crash gate 3 today, I got as far as the Airport back road when the Israeli Jetstream was on short finals and I pulled off onto the pavement to take a landing shot from below (rare for me) but once I saw it was all white my camera stayed in the bag and I did a 360 and headed home.

Would like to have had a chat with you all Kevin, Damien and Allen so maybe next time.

Fred.

Member for

19 years 7 months

Allen, the Twin Otter stands out as teh best to me. Nice pics.

Member for

18 years 4 months

great shots allround mate