Photograph Poll - The Discussion

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 11 months

You are free to post pictures now, Will, and - barring an almost supernaturally major change in the pattern of voting in the poll - you will still be free to post pictures after next Monday.

All that is at issue is where and how, mate. :)

Member for

20 years 1 month

Ok thanks.

Member for

20 years 5 months

You are free to post pictures now, Will, and - barring an almost supernaturally major change in the pattern of voting in the poll - you will still be free to post pictures after next Monday.

All that is at issue is where and how, mate. :)

quite agree. And I think that is something a few folks have not understood.

Member for

18 years 8 months

*Draws breath*.... Phewf!

I think I must be one of the only people who doesn't really want anything changing regarding which direction the photography side goes. As far as i'm concerned just leave it as it is! It's always been fine before, why change it?

I am disappointed to see so many votes for a sub forum. But if that's what people want, I guess we'll have to accept it. Personally, I think we have enough sub forums as it is.

Valid point, and the number of actual discussion posts is minimal anyway so if the photography did get a subforum, the Commercial Aviation main forum would probably get less posts that now. Besides, it's a bit of a hassle to go to the subforum each time - e.g. FS screenshots

You both took that right out off my mouth :)

leave the Commercial Aviation fourm as it is :cool:

James

Member for

18 years 8 months

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/JamesB617/DF.jpg

James

Member for

24 years 2 months

James,

Firstly you prove a point, but not your own. Your picture is way oversized and exactly why some people are annoyed when people post pictures of those proportions.

Secondly, did you think that the description of the forum would be a sound arguement? Get out more if you do! Does it say, allbeit my opinion of forum, "excessive photography" no it says "photography". I cant believe you posted the above, honestly!

Member for

18 years 8 months

James,

Firstly you prove a point, but not your own. Your picture is way oversized and exactly why some people are annoyed when people post pictures of those proportions.

Secondly, did you think that the description of the forum would be a sound arguement? Get out more if you do! Does it say, allbeit my opinion of forum, "excessive photography" no it says "photography". I cant believe you posted the above, honestly!

What I was going to say is what Tom(LBARules )said so whats the point off me saying it again when someone has already posted it?

And tell me what it means by photography then?

James

Member for

24 years 2 months

What I was going to say is what Tom(LBARules )said so whats the point off me saying it again when someone has already posted it?

And tell me what it means by photography then?

James

Take all of those subjects, put them together like ingredients and bake a cake. Oops the cake tastes awful because there's far too much of one single ingredient !!!

That my friend is the point of all this discussion.... :D

Member for

19 years 3 months

Although I have personally started a few threads with photos I am NOT a photographer. I am a pilot, I have a ****ty digital camera that is tucked away in my flight suit pocket most of the day, and some days I find it with the lens cover half open after a days worth of flying. Is this the correct setup to take great photos? Of course not.
I started posting photos here because many of the forum members seems interested in St. Maarten, and I can get shots that not to many others here can get.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I post pictures because I know I am in a good location, and I have a ramp pass so my SXM pictures are not all of the "crossing the beach" variant. I am not trying to become a photographer, I can't afford to buy new equipment, and would not have even if I had the money.
So what good does it do if the responses I get is "cr*p" photo..out of focus etc etc...chances are that I know...and that I don't care. I am trying to share my interest for aviation, not photography. I am trying to maybe start a discussion (of the "didn't know United flew down there" kind maybe), and help others who are thinking of coming down here.
Not every photo on this forum need to be studio quality with after the fact editing and cropping or whatnot. Isn't it enough that they tell a story, show a situation etc??

Rant over...going back to work.

Ken

Member for

24 years 2 months

I just got back from Phoenix. Looks like there's been some interesting happenings in the last 5 days. I just voted and it looks like a sub-forum looks pretty popular. That just might be the way to go.

Member for

18 years 6 months

There is a clear winner now the poll has closed - what happens now?

Member for

19 years 11 months

We'll let you know ASAP.

We Mods do have "day jobs", you know! :rolleyes:

Member for

18 years 6 months

We'll let you know ASAP.

We Mods do have "day jobs", you know! :rolleyes:

I thought modding this place was a full-time job that deserves pay :D

Wozza

Member for

19 years 11 months

You won't get round us that way...... ;)

Member for

18 years 6 months

You won't get round us that way...... ;)

What way - if you imply what I think you give me too much credit for my intelligence