The Key Publishing Manchester Meet 2006

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 5 months

Oh the trials and tribulations of arranging a meet!! LOL!.. :rolleyes:

Aside from the fact that MAN is normally pretty busy, has anyone considered having a meet somewhere different for once? Without getting flamed into oblivion here, there is a LOT of Manchester stuff on the board all the time (and Yes I do like MAN too for spotting and photos so I am not being condescending!)... :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Erm Farnborough given most will be in attendance?

Member for

18 years 6 months

Any date after the 11th August should be ok with me, as I will be back from Canada!

Member for

20 years 11 months

Ok, let me put down a couple of dates which may work for me, then see how people can fit in to them.

August 1st or 2nd.

August 29th or 30th.

There are a couple of Fridays during August which may be possible, but I reckon flights will be a lot on those days.

Lets see who is around on those 4 dates. We might even have to end up splitting it into 2 meets if some dates are just impossible for others. Wouldn't matter too much aslong as there is a lot of interest on 2 separate dates....

I should also add that Tom (LBARULES) should get to choose which dates fit him best, and then see how people can wok around them. Seeing as he created the thread.

Hey Dan :)

Both dates would be absolutely fine for me at the moment, the 1st and 2nd would probably be the more appealing of the two.

I don't want to pick the dates that suit me best, would sooner have a general consensus, but thanks anyway. :)

CWBalmer - We are having meets other places this year, and we have done in the past, surely we can have one day at MAN a year? Everyone likes to get back to MAN!

BTW - All this about AMS on the 31st, is it just an exclusive club or can anyone join in? Would like to get booked up for that! :).

Member for

20 years 1 month

Hey Dan :)

Both dates would be absolutely fine for me at the moment, the 1st and 2nd would probably be the more appealing of the two.

I don't want to pick the dates that suit me best, would sooner have a general consensus, but thanks anyway. :)

CWBalmer - We are having meets other places this year, and we have done in the past, surely we can have one day at MAN a year? Everyone likes to get back to MAN!

BTW - All this about AMS on the 31st, is it just an exclusive club or can anyone join in? Would like to get booked up for that! :).

You're more than welcome, Tom. Was just trying to finalise a date for AMS first. Still not 100% sure when that date will be, but it will definitely be happening, I'm determined to get to AMS this summer!

I probably can't do the first week in August for MAN though... lol

Member for

20 years 11 months

Well i'm hopefully going to have two trips to AMS, one at the start of summer, and one at the end! I'm aiming to fly at once a week during the end of July all of August.

Going to get AMS, LHR, DUB all booked, as well as my current LBA-BRS-DUB-LBA in June, and am also looking at LBA-BHD-LGW-MAN, and LBA-BFS-LPL-AMS-LBA.

All should hopefully be possible if I keep my job! :).

Member for

20 years 9 months

Ok, so which of the 1st or 2nd is most suitable? I still don't know if I can make it, but once people have given an idea as to which day is best, I can have a look at getting a decent flight.

Well i'm hopefully going to have two trips to AMS, one at the start of summer, and one at the end! I'm aiming to fly at once a week during the end of July all of August.

Going to get AMS, LHR, DUB all booked, as well as my current LBA-BRS-DUB-LBA in June, and am also looking at LBA-BHD-LGW-MAN, and LBA-BFS-LPL-AMS-LBA.

All should hopefully be possible if I keep my job! :).

Uh-oh, turning into a flightaholic!

Member for

20 years 9 months

Ok I'm swinging towards the 1st August at the moment. I can get a Jet2 146 from LGW-MAN then a Bmi ERJ 145 from MAN-LHR.....£45 return inc taxes doesn't seem bad.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Ok I'm swinging towards the 1st August at the moment. I can get a Jet2 146 from LGW-MAN then a Bmi ERJ 145 from MAN-LHR.....£45 return inc taxes doesn't seem bad.

It's looking good for me on the 1st as well. Looks like I'm flying to Norway on the 2nd, but I should be free the day before. Should be good as the previous meet was a few months before I joined here!

Paul

Member for

19 years 5 months

Two questions
1.How will you alll recognize each other?
2.What time will the brawl start?

;)
Rgds Cking

Member for

24 years 3 months

Mark L and i can do 1st but is it def MAN as been there done that t-shirt already obtained :D

Member for

18 years 4 months

Two questions
1.How will you alll recognize each other?
2.What time will the brawl start?

;)
Rgds Cking

Never knew this was a brawl... in that case, consider me in! ;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Is it def MAN as been there done that t-shirt already obtained :D

Ditto (twice) :D

Seriously though, wouldn't mind attending MAN for a 3rd meet. ;)

Member for

20 years 9 months

Is anyone else gonna confirm that the 1st is a good date?

If not, is there a significant interest in another date?

Member for

18 years 9 months

Wont be able to do any off these dates maybe next year :(

James

Member for

20 years 11 months

The 1st should be fine, work dependent!

Member for

20 years 9 months

I'm seeing if I can get transport to LGW on the morning of the 1st, and if so I will post a new thread this evening to try and get people to put their names down for the 1st.

Member for

20 years 1 month

1st August fine by me!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Sorry guys can't make it this year! In California from end of july till about 21st august :)

Thanks
Sam

Member for

20 years 9 months

Sorry guys can't make it this year! In California from end of july till about 21st august :)

Alright for some :D , 1st looks good for me but I'll be a last minute confirmer more than likely.