New! - Leeds Bradford to Aberdeen! with Flybe.com

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

Hi

Flybe.com have announced a new low cost once daily LBA - Aberdeen route in compertition against Eastern Airways services

Heres the press release.

New! - Leeds Bradford to Aberdeen!
Flybe, one of Europe’s leading low-cost airlines, today announces the launch of a new route from Leeds-Bradford to Aberdeen for winter 2006, opening up the first low cost route to Scotland from Leeds-Bradford Airport.
Daily flights to Aberdeen will run throughout the winter season and with seats on sale from just £24.99 one way including taxes and charges, Flybe will undercut its competitor’s fares on this route by over 75%.

Launching on 29th Oct, Flybe’s new service to Aberdeen will provide a convenient, cost effective service direct from their doorstep to the Scottish city for business and leisure travellers alike. As Scotland’s third largest city, Aberdeen is famous for its Gothic architecture and heritage as a key trading port as well as its vibrant nightlife and culture.

The new route to Aberdeen comes hot on the heels of the recently launched service to Bergerac in France and sees Flybe significantly growing its base at Leeds Bradford. The airline now operates a total of five routes from the airport providing numerous international and domestic travel options for people in Yorkshire.

With the recent upgrade of its Economy Plus service, business travellers can benefit from the option of pre-allocated seats and access to Flybe’s executive lounge at Leeds-Bradford airport, as well as its recently launched online check-in service.

Flybe’s latest routes are now available for booking at www.flybe.com:

Leeds Bradford to Aberdeen
• Route commences on 29th Oct
• Fares from £24.99 one way including taxes and charges

Mike Rutter, Chief Commercial Officer Flybe comments, “The new route to Aberdeen sees us extending our domestic network from Leeds Bradford and meeting demand for a low fares, frequent and fast service from Yorkshire to Scotland.

“Over the past year we have aggressively increased our services and passenger numbers from our regional bases across the UK and we will continue in our goal to bring more destinations directly to people’s doorsteps, pushing the growth of regional air travel.”

Timetable

BE643 12:15(LBA)13:25(ABZ)
BE644 14:05(ABZ)15:15(LBA)

Original post

Member for

18 years 9 months

Won't be long till Eastern pull out then.

Member for

21 years

We said that about the Southapton route and Eastern are still flying on that. It is their high frequency on their routes that still enables them t keep flying, although I dont think there is an Easter route out of Leeds now not being competed on.

I guess this will be flown by the Exeter based aircraft?

Member for

24 years 2 months

The diversity of operators who are starting to increase their presence at LBA is good news. many people ridiculed the airport of having all it's eggs in one basket referance Jet2, however the services provided by the regional operators such as FlyBe, Air Southwest, Eastern, and now Aer Arann nicely fill the gaps in.

The domestic services (and Irish routes) in comparison to other regional airports up until a couple of years ago never really reflected the City of Leeds' position within the buisness world.

With a new route for the winter, FlyBe obviously have faith in LBA, and hopefully we could also see expansion into Europe with them if this Summer's Bergerac "toe in the water" runs ok!

Member for

20 years 10 months

Great news to come back to after a day away yesterday!

Excellent to see both FlyBe and Aer Arann providing expansion, the Galway route intrests me in particular as I have family in that area of Ireland, look forward to using that service.

I remember when FlyBe announced expansion before, and said that they hoped to lauch more routes, and the reaction was 'oh, they've promised that from lots of airports an it's never happened'. Well we now have five routes from FlyBe!

Seems the only way is up for LBA!

Member for

19 years 10 months

Brilliant news for Leeds. I can see me and members of my family using this route quite alot.

Member for

20 years 1 month

More to come for LBA too as it seems Scot are going to announce EDI 2x daily starting this winter in competition with bmi. They could do with a bit of competition, hopefully it will bring the fares down!

Member for

20 years 10 months

Scot Airways would be excellent, and apparantly according to local press, more routes from Jet2 from LBA soon as well!

Member for

18 years 8 months

Seeing Do 328 at LBA would be cool.

James

Member for

18 years 11 months

Is the Scotairways EDI->LBA going to be confirmed soon?

Will there be any chance of GLA->LBA if it proves succesful?

Member for

19 years 1 month

Wow Eastern + Flybe really hate each other at the moment! Good news for LBA though.
If only our management here at DTV could be quite as good at getting new routes! They haven't even announced the winter Geneva yet, mind you neither have Baby!

Scott

Member for

18 years 9 months

Interesting News, I would be interested in the EDI->LBA route, would prove useful for me :)

Off on a small tangent, have FlyBE received all their ordered Dash 8 Q400's?

Don't think so!
There's at least another 20 to come! :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Member for

20 years 10 months

Apparantly, Scot Airways have a provisional timetable as below:

CB540 EDI 06:50 LBA 07:45 12345.. 30Oct 23Mar
CB541 LBA 08:10 EDI 09:05 12345..

CB544 EDI 14:00 LBA 14:55 12345.. 30Oct 23Mar
CB545 LBA 15:20 EDI 16:15 12345..

CB546 EDI 17:00 LBA 17:55 12345.7 29Oct 18Mar
CB546 LBA 18:20 EDI 19:15 12345.7

NOT confirmed, but looking good! I'm sure we would see a war between bmi and Scot, would imagine the bmi timings would still suit the business market more.

Member for

18 years 8 months

I would love to see FlyBE potentialy start foreign routes out of LBA, maybe French or Spanish destinations.

Member for

17 years 9 months

All looking good for LBA!

Member for

19 years 10 months

I would love to see FlyBE potentialy start foreign routes out of LBA, maybe French or Spanish destinations.

They fly to Bergerac, thats in France.

Member for

19 years

Good news all round it seems. I'm just looking forward to the Jet2 announcements now. I wonder what PM will pull out of his hat? I notice on the LBA Masterplan the airport is showing 3.1 million passengers now for 2006, is this now achieveable?

Member for

17 years 10 months

More low prices at lba. Its getting better every second. Lba routes are increasing every moth. Soon we will even catch up the NEMA!

Member for

20 years 10 months

We won't catch up to EMA anytime soon, believe me!

Member for

17 years 9 months

seems like everything is going flybe's way at the moment