Flights from Kent to States all set for take-off.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 8 months

Cosmos have been advertising fairly heavily on local radio for the Virginia flights, so it seems they're putting some effort into the flights.

yeah I heard that on Invicta FM. At last Manston has some pros in :D

James

Member for

19 years 1 month

Will be nice to see a 767 at ORF

Member for

17 years 7 months

I have applied for to manston yahoo groups but have had no reply ???

any ideas ?

Member for

18 years 5 months

Infratil's report for KIA-M September.

Kent International handled over 2 million kilos of freight in September, the highest amount since acquisition. The 2,052,000kg compares favourably with August's 1,959,082kg, which was also a record. Most of the freight was carried on scheduled services by MK Airlines and Egypt Air, with the throughput of both carriers increasing.

Member for

18 years 8 months

looks like a great report there but I see no info about kent escapes?

James

Member for

18 years 5 months

Infratil's report for KIA-M October.

Kent International Airport handled 2,509 tonnes of freight in October, a record month and a 48.5% ahead of the corresponding month last year.

This strong growth is due in part to the European winter approaching, with increased volumes of fresh produce being imported from Africa. However, export volumes (368 tonnes) are also growing, partly due to the increasing confidence that airlines have in Kent's team and its ability to deliver quality service in both import and export functions.

Moving in the right direction..

Member for

18 years 8 months

Infratil's report for KIA-M October.

Moving in the right direction..

Cool :cool: any news on MK expansion? And was TF-AMK
in for Mainteance

James

Member for

18 years 5 months

Flights scrapped

DIRECT flights between Kent and the United States, due to take off in May, have been scrapped.

In what is a huge blow to Kent’s aspirations to become an international aviation hub, Cosmos, the Bromley-based holiday operator, and Kent County Council pulled the plug to avert huge potential losses.

Only 800 tickets - 600 British and 200 American - had been sold in the six months since the weekly service between Kent International Airport and Norfolk International Airport, Virginia, was announced in September. The flights, to be operated by Monarch Airlines, had a total capacity of 10,000 seats.

Link

Member for

18 years 8 months

I think its the wrong place , Should be more like Orlando then Virginia. Whats happening to the people who payed for there holiday?

Regards
James

Member for

18 years 5 months

I believe the people already booked are being offered a full refund or a transfer onto another holiday package.