dnaindia: "Cades Digitech will make Fokker aircraft"

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

full article here. Note that the Rekkof website has been updated. The front page shows a wingletted F10o.
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1052646

Cades Digitech will make Fokker aircraft
K Raghu
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 22:23 IST

BANGALORE: Aerospace engineering firm Cades Digitech Pvt Ltd is in talks with The Netherlands-based Rekkof Aircraft, to manufacture under licence the family of Fokker aircraft in India for the airline market in the country.

Cades is planning to invest close to $300 million in an assembly plant for producing the family of 75-, 90- and 100-seater aircraft in India, industry sources said told DNA Money

“We are in talks to produce the Fokker aircraft in India. But we have not had any commitments,” Cades Digitech managing director and CEO Dataram Mishra said.

NHIC has invested $6.5 million in the 350-member Cades, which focuses on R&D and engineering services to aerospace and auto firms globally.

Aviation industry sources estimate a requirement of around 350 aircraft in the regional jet category in India over the next two decades.

A small group of private investors own Rekkof, which produces the work in a limited scale. The Fokker aircraft, whose initial designs go back to the early 1980s, has to be upgraded with new avionics and family of engines to meet the current requirements.

“The assembly line for the Fokker aircraft is likely to be located in Bangalore,” industry sources said, but Mishra declined to comment.

Original post

Member for

18 years 8 months

full article here. Note that the Rekkof website has been updated. The front page shows a wingletted F10o.
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1052646

Cades Digitech will make Fokker aircraft
K Raghu
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 22:23 IST

BANGALORE: Aerospace engineering firm Cades Digitech Pvt Ltd is in talks with The Netherlands-based Rekkof Aircraft, to manufacture under licence the family of Fokker aircraft in India for the airline market in the country.

Cades is planning to invest close to $300 million in an assembly plant for producing the family of 75-, 90- and 100-seater aircraft in India, industry sources said told DNA Money

“We are in talks to produce the Fokker aircraft in India. But we have not had any commitments,” Cades Digitech managing director and CEO Dataram Mishra said.

NHIC has invested $6.5 million in the 350-member Cades, which focuses on R&D and engineering services to aerospace and auto firms globally.

Aviation industry sources estimate a requirement of around 350 aircraft in the regional jet category in India over the next two decades.

A small group of private investors own Rekkof, which produces the work in a limited scale. The Fokker aircraft, whose initial designs go back to the early 1980s, has to be upgraded with new avionics and family of engines to meet the current requirements.

“The assembly line for the Fokker aircraft is likely to be located in Bangalore,” industry sources said, but Mishra declined to comment.

:eek: Well this is brilliant news hope it does happen love the new winglet Fokker 70/100 NG :D

James

Member for

19 years 11 months

full article here. Note that the Rekkof website has been updated. The front page shows a wingletted F100NG.

And new engines, BR-710!!!

Member for

18 years 8 months

are they making the F100 or the F70?

James

Member for

24 years 3 months

are they making the F100 or the F70?

James

At the moment they are only making hot air. They intend to make planes, but they have had that intention for the best part of 10 years. I hope it will turn into full scale plane production, but won't hold my breath.

Member for

18 years 8 months

At the moment they are only making hot air. They intend to make planes, but they have had that intention for the best part of 10 years. I hope it will turn into full scale plane production, but won't hold my breath.

Yeah I hope so to, I am love off the fokkers planes and hope this goes ahead

be brilliant The Rekkof websites says they are doing the Fokker 70 NG and the Fokker 100 NG be great to see these two birds back in making.

JAmes