bmi

Profile picture for user EGNM

Member for

19 years 11 months

Now i'm one of those who have slated BA recently and it's interesting to see bmi putting faith in the regional airports - ok BA HAS TO FLY TO places like Stornaway and the Highlands and Islands airports, but i'm sure they'd drop half of them if they had a chance.

bmi on the otherhand along with eastern have put faith in some smaller neglaected airports - away from the big markets e.g. Norwich (after Eastern showed it's worth) and have always been faithful to teesside. They have also been instrumental in opening routes in a share to Inverness and Dundee with Eastern.

One of the major things i sree tho is the faith they have in markets - Leeds for example has traditionally lost out routes to Manchester, and basically complememted their operation on a local basis, but bmi have showed it can compete and routes ARE been opened.

Now bmi fly from Leeds to: -

Heathrow
Cork
Copenhagen
Paris CDG
Brussles
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Jersey

all of which are served over the hill! -

MYT again expanding AND THEIR BASE is at Manchester - there are mumblings of a second based a/c for summer 2004 here as the based is fully utilised and has W pattern support and several foreign based carriers flying on it's behalf, this is opposed to JMC who contract out 10 carriers to do their work - much more benificial for us anoraks tho!

Just thought i'd make a point there!
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3e317307159acfcc.jpg

Original post