Weather effecting Uk airports.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 4 months

Well today has been wild to say the least looks like the airports are taking a beating:

heres NCLs problems.

BA1335 - Newcastle to London Heathrow due to depart at 17:55
BA1334 - London Heathrow to Newcastle due to arrive at 17:15
BA1337 - Newcastle to London Heathrow due to depart at 19:45
BA1336 - London Heathrow to Newcastle due to arrive at 18:40
BA1332 - Newcastle to London Heathrow due to depart at 13:55
BA1333 - London Heathrow to Newcastle due to arrive at 12:50

LH4951 - Newcastle to Dussledorf due to depart at 13:25
LH4950 - Dussledorf to Newcastle due to arrive at 12:55

KL0962 - Newcastle to Amsterdam due to depart at 13:50
KL0963 - Amsterdam to Newcastle due to arrive at 15:35
KL0964 - Newcastle to Amseterdam due to depart at 16:15

things looked ok when i was at newcastle today like just some crosswinds.

Whats it like at your local?

Original post

Member for

20 years 8 months

NEMA has been receiving diversions from BHX and MAN, and has also had divertions from NEMA. winds were ranging from 50-60kts. :eek: windy.

NEMA received a Dash 8 from MAN, a Lufty A319, some Monarch and Thomson a/c, an ERJ, a Jet2 73 and I think a Swiss RJ.

Member for

18 years 4 months

i do belive MAN was closed till 5pm may be 6pm due to debris on the runway.

Member for

19 years

LGW experiencing delays of approx 90 mins this afternoon. Winds on average about 35 knots, gusting 50 from the west so should be some very quick takeoffs :).

Member for

19 years 10 months

My brother was working on a Monarch flight, and they attempted to land 3 times at MAN, after that they just diverted to Liverpool.

Member for

20 years 2 months

DUB was a nightmare aswell. I was to windy to unload the aircraft because they had the risk of doors being rippd off aircraft. Some flights had to wait 2-3 hours. The DL flight I was working with had a 2.5 hour wait. Thank god its thursday which is a quite day for us otherwise it could have been much worse.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Up norf ere :D At DurhamTeesValley...We got plenty of diversions from Leeds/Bradford and one from Manchester, mostly BMI ERJ's and Jet2 737's but we did get a Flybe Q400, KLM Fokker and a Ryanair 738W :)

Cheers,
Sam

Member for

18 years 4 months

Up norf ere :D At DurhamTeesValley...We got plenty of diversions from Leeds/Bradford and one from Manchester, mostly BMI ERJ's and Jet2 737's but we did get a Flybe Q400, KLM Fokker and a Ryanair 738W :)

Cheers,
Sam

My god how will MME cope hehe sounds busy for once:dev2: . Anything heading your way from NCL

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hahaha :D Our apron was very busy but we've coped! (with our flights as well :eek: :D )
Jet2's are still here (Stands 2,3,4)
KLM was on 5 but has departed
BMI ERJ's are on 7,8 and 9
Ryanair has gone

Had the AMS and LHR evening flight cancelled but the 2100 ish ones are still coming
And, no, nothing coming from Newcastle, seems there weather was good enough today (for once :D )

Cheers,
Sam

Member for

24 years 2 months

It isn't only the UK... I'm just back home from a flight HAM-CGN... It wasn't the most pleasant experience, with one missed approach, and a sick guy behind me ...

Member for

18 years 4 months

Hahaha :D Our apron was very busy but we've coped! (with our flights as well :eek: :D )
Jet2's are still here (Stands 2,3,4)
KLM was on 5 but has departed
BMI ERJ's are on 7,8 and 9
Ryanair has gone

Had the AMS and LHR evening flight cancelled but the 2100 ish ones are still coming
And, no, nothing coming from Newcastle, seems there weather was good enough today (for once :D )

Cheers,
Sam

Is that before or after we have filled ourselves with diverts from MME due to tinyness :dev2: