Manchester - Jersey today Jet2 757's

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 1 month

Hi, does anyone know why Jet2 sent Boeing 757 G-LSAD down to jersey today from Manchester as LS6555? Also why G-CELR went down to Jersey from EDI as LS049P. I wasnt aware Jersey could handle B757's????

Original post

Member for

20 years 2 months

It was a charter flight, Was taking medical boffs to Jersey for a medial confrence.
Yeah i was shocked to see the 757 to JER on my friends roster, but yeah looks like it can handle a 757! i think airtours used to do a flight years ago into JER

Member for

18 years 7 months

The EDI machine positioned to Glasgow and then operated as LS6549 to Jersey

Member for

18 years 4 months

Jersey has had the Boeing 757 pop in for a number of years.
British Airways operated them on the Heathrow service when bad weather affected the island when they operated the Heathrow link.

Monarch operated a series of charters a long time ago for a conferance which sore B757s every other day for nearly two weeks.

One off half term charters can some times bring the Boeing 757 in.

Last week two Asteraus Boeing 757s came in on Monday and returned on Thursday.

The Jet 2 aircraft are due to return to Jersey on Thursday and the following week will see Thomas the Cook on Monday and Thursday with one Boeing 757 on each day.

Jersey might only be a small Island but we do have the odd bit of variaty.

Member for

18 years 6 months

BA used the 757's quite regularly on the LHR route. I'm sure they once used a Tristar into Jersey after a period of foggy weather to get a lot of stranded passengers in and out quickly. I think there's a photo in the terminal to prove it! having been at LBA watching when British Airtours' G-BBAI slipped off the end of runway 14, I guess it must have been a bit hairy given that the stop end at Jersey is a cliff top!

Member for

18 years 4 months

Yes the Tristar did operate with a number of restrictions, it could come in with a restricted payload but full going out
Only certain tristars could operate in to the 1706 metre strip due to differant flap setings available on some aircraft.
This was after a bit more research by one of the Trg Captains looked into the operation a bit beeperand found out. from what I can make out.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi, does anyone know why Jet2 sent Boeing 757 G-LSAD down to jersey today from Manchester as LS6555? Also why G-CELR went down to Jersey from EDI as LS049P. I wasnt aware Jersey could handle B757's????

G-CELR routed EDI-GLA (posn), GLA-JER (Loaded), JER-EDI (posn) - not a direct posn to JER.

G-LSAD routed MAN-JER (loaded), JER-MAN (Posn).

Both as mentioned ad-hoc charters.