[Video] BA107 Departing LHR

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 2 months

Hi.

A short video of departing 27R ,bound for DXB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzltKsQCOVI

Sorry about the quality, youtube decided to resize it!

Cheers,
Sam

Original post

Member for

17 years 4 months

Great video...but what on earth was that noise on rotation? :eek:

Member for

16 years 11 months

Fantastic Video, but also can't work out for the life of me what the bang/noise is upon rotation.

Looks like a 747-400 to me!! Am i right?

Adam

Member for

19 years 8 months

The noise on rotation sounds like vibrations from the landing gear.

I'm sure a pro pilot could answer it better, but i believe there is a washer that helps keep the wheels in allignment on the bogey's, and when that gets worn, you get vibrations. I believe the part only costs about $1 each, but sounds alot more serious than it actually is.

I stand by to be proven completely wrong :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

A nice clip there!

You had what i regard as the best take-offs... turn onto the runway, no messing about or waiting - full throtle and away you go! :)

Member for

17 years 2 months

What's the significance of this video were you on board

Obviously....

According to an experienced pilot, the sound was,

"The thud occurs just after lift off. It is when the Body gear oleo that holds the undercarriage assembly extends fully to its stops as it unloads. Following this, the wheels are unloaded on their bearings and making a loud rumbling sound until the brakes are automatically applied during the retraction sequence to stop them completely. The cameraman is located almost over the body gear bay which is why it is so loud. The body gear lies behind the wing gear bay (which is located just ahead of the flaps) and it just extends straight down, with the attachment point just below the cabin floor."

Member for

17 years 6 months

How do you get to video that mate? I thought that the cabin crew would have stopped it, as they normally say that you should turn all electronic items off during takeoff because i would like to do this too.
Great video - steady hand hehe.
Regards, James

Member for

19 years

How do you get to video that mate? I thought that the cabin crew would have stopped it, as they normally say that you should turn all electronic items off during takeoff because i would like to do this too.
Regards, James

Well the thing to do, in my experience, is just to simply hide it when they walk past you. Besides, they are all seated for takeoff so there's no-one to check.:)

Member for

17 years 2 months

I had my D50 and my digi cam (for the video) out, this male steward told me to put it away. So I just moved it slightly, and then we went...

Just got it straight back out, and recorded it.

:D

Cheers Guys!

Member for

17 years 5 months

Regards, James

This is a good question, but if you look at the Trip reports on airliners.net you will see hundreds of videos that have been taken from peoples seats. As well as lots of still photos. Some people even take videos of the cabin crew doing the safety briefing (Ryanair, on YouTube.). One person doing a trip report on Globespan's flight from JFK-LPL said that a Ground employee of Swissport told him to stop taking photos at the airport, and said that was against FAA regulations. Anyone heard of that rule?