Manchester T2

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 2 months

Hey everybody I am just looking for some info about MAN T2.

I have found some info I was looking for online but I was wondering if anybody knows if T2 has any bus gates to get passengers to remote stands and if so how many?

How busy is the terminal, is there much room for new carriers?

Original post

Member for

17 years 2 months

Terminal 2, is home to many Charter airlines, inc. First Choice and Thomson, but also features many other larger airlines, e.g. Delta, Virgin and Emirates...

I'm sure there's plenty of room for new airlines...(Loads of Remote Stands avliable anyway) Stands 60-80 and 2XX's are always avliable!

Member for

18 years 3 months

Hey everybody I am just looking for some info about MAN T2.

I have found some info I was looking for online but I was wondering if anybody knows if T2 has any bus gates to get passengers to remote stands and if so how many?

How busy is the terminal, is there much room for new carriers?

T2 is nearly almost full in the morning, and any arrivals are sent to the remote stands. It'll be significantly quiet on the afternoon, and some carriers will return in the evening for an overnight stay. All in all, very busy terminal. TOM and FCA have the largest presence.

Yes it has buses to get passengers to remote stands. From what I saw, around about 15.

Member for

20 years 1 month

I have left from a remote stand several times from terminal 2, so there are some. 201 is a remote stand, but not bus needed as the aircraft is parked right outside.

Member for

19 years 6 months

Not forgetting it's only at about half its planned size - look at an aerial view of the terminal and you can work out why.

Member for

18 years

I have left from the remote stands a couple of times now. The gate inside the terminal from what I remember is numbered 300. It is accessed from a set of stairs on the opposite side of the departure area from the other gates. Once downstairs there are four exits to waiting buses A, B, C & D. The buses leave from the rear of the terminal and drive underneath and onwards to the aircraft.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Thanks for all your replies.

When you say its busy in the morning do you meen with night stoppers or a little later with T/A arrivals?

Member for

18 years 7 months

Early morning, from 06:00am to about 08:00 there are dozens of charter flights heading out, as well as any night stoppers such as KLM, Czech, aswell the arrivals of many Transatlantic services.These subsequently depart from about 10:00am to 12:00pm. T2 in the early morning can be chaos, last july I had a TOM. flight at 08:40, and had to queue for about an hour to get through security, and about 30 mins to check in.

Member for

20 years 1 month

The airbridges are usually all in use with all the night stoppers, be it charter aircraft, or European flights, but the long haul early morning flights usually have to use remote stands.