Amazing

Profile picture for user SOFTLAD

Member for

19 years 9 months

It was my 30th last week and for my present my girlfriend got me the most amazing thing ! Went to Sherburn-in-elment airfield where she had bought me a 30 min flight in a Pitts Special.There were 3 potions you could choose from, 1.A straight and level flight. 2.A few spins and rolls. 3.Or the lot.A full display. Fair to say i went for the last one.Its the most amazing thing i have ever done ! The pilot would perform a stunt and then i had to do the same ! After the 30 min my head was banging but it was well worth the bit of pain.If any of you are intrested the guy is called Cas Smith and his number is 01430 430109 or 0411 258080.I would recomend it to anyone and it only cost £100 which i think is good value for the thrill i got out of it.Its makes the worst roller coaster look like child play.
Original post
Profile picture for user A330Crazy

Member for

19 years 9 months

RE: Amazing [updated:LAST EDITED ON 02-08-02 AT 08:49 PM (GMT)]Soundz cool, where is this airfield? Did it make you feel really ill? Always wanted to know what a barrell roll feels like! :-)

Member for

19 years 9 months

RE: Amazing No i didnt feel ill just a bit wobbly.The pilot said that was due to the G-Forces which makes the blood rush to your head.You see in films the skin on peoples faces rippling and i could feel mine doing it.The worst was an outside turn.Where they bank the aircraft to the left but turn right.Feels very strange.The airfield is near RAF Church Fenton,about 30 min drive from Leeds.
Profile picture for user GZYL

Member for

19 years 9 months

RE: Amazing [updated:LAST EDITED ON 02-08-02 AT 09:15 PM (GMT)]Ooohh... Sherbern in Elmett... near me :-) . I'm tempted!!!! Do you need any previous experience?

Member for

19 years 9 months

RE: Amazing No the guy would have taken my granny up.Dont think she would have enjoyed it though ?