Interesting day at EMA

Profile picture for user Dazza

Member for

19 years 9 months

Had an interesting afternoon at East Midlands today, (29 july)an Embraer 170 popped in and out a couple of times, but the highlight was Virgin Atlantic's new A340-600 G-VSHY doing touch and goes and taxying practice around the DHL apron, the take-offs were pretty cool to, it really is a beautiful jet to watch, also love the slogan on the rear fuselage 'mines bigger than yours', great stuff. Regards, Dazza.
Original post
Profile picture for user T5

Member for

19 years 9 months

RE: Interesting day at EMA Cool.. At the Air Show yesterday, the programme had a feature length article about the Embraer 170 and named it as aircraft of the year. Also, the A340-600 was there in the Airbus "House Colours" and this is going to Virgin Atlantic. But that sounded great, did you get some photos?
Profile picture for user Dazza

Member for

19 years 9 months

RE: Interesting day at EMA Unfortunately not, it was a flying visit(no pun intended) because of a slow day at work so I did'nt have my camera with me. Regards, Dazza.
Profile picture for user andrewm

Member for

19 years 9 months

RE: Interesting day at EMA [updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-07-02 AT 10:33 AM (GMT)]I was annoyed with the Farnborough Static Display as it advertised a Emb170 on display but when I was there the only Emb was the Legacy! I wouldnt have minded as long as it was in Flying Display but no avail...

Member for

19 years 9 months

RE: Interesting day at EMA I was up at EMA on Monday but missed the 170!! Got rather interesting towards the evening when the thunderstorms came closer on, swapped runways twice in 30 mins. There was also an AN-124 which is becoming more and more common nowadays. Re pics: [link:www.plane-mad.com/photo_search.php?airline=virgin&airport=egnx&type=a34… A340-600 at EMA]