Summer Charters 2008

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 8 months

Anyone got a what is based where this summer.

So far i understand.

EMA

First Choice 1x A321
Thomsonfly 1x 757 2x 737-800
Thomas Cook 2x A320

LBA

Thomas Cook 1x A320

NCL

Thomsonfly 1x 757, 1x 737-800
Thomas Cook 2x 757

anyone got more info.

Original post

Member for

16 years 11 months

NCL are having a TOM 767-300 to help with a few new long haul routes.

Member for

18 years 4 months

NCL are getting 2 757s next summer, and i think were keeping a 733 based.

For the Long haul routes the 767 will postion in from MAN.

Member for

16 years 3 months

Manston or Kent International or whatever
Nothing I suspect :rolleyes:

London Gatwick
To many to count :D

Member for

17 years 9 months

NCL will actually have 2 based TOM 757, 1 TOM 737-800 (733 OO will leave for summer; 2 TCX 757; 1 XLA C reg 737 and the based Jet2 757 will operate 1 RHO charter per week. TOM 763 will be present for 3 flights per week. MON A330 will pass through twice weekly.

For the rest, Iberworld, Freebird, BMI, Eurocypria and Onur Air all hve regular charters. Air BEE or Blue air web, depending on accuracy of the code also have 1 weekly MD82 charter to NAP.

Member for

18 years 4 months

I stand corrected!

Dont tell me were looseing "Oscar Oscar" G-THOO i love that plane!!! She may smell odd inside but she has been right little Trooper over the winter! Mind you i dont think the Cabin crew liked taking her to TFS and ACE!

Air Malta start back aswell in March i think.

Member for

17 years 9 months

OO has been a right little trooper, very reliable but it is not an ideal aircraft for the longer sectors, which is why a 737-800 is getting based for the summer as it will be used on a variety of routes, including Canaries, greece etc.

Air Malta, for probably the first time ever, have no planned programme from NCL this summer at the moment. XL Airways are actually operating the flight with various tour operators buying seats on this. :eek:

Onur Air do, however have a huge programme, with 11 flights per week planned at the minute using a mix of A300, A321 and MD88 aircraft. As the programme stands in mid season 2 A300 will be on the round at the same time and on saturday mornings we will see 3 or 4 widebodied movements, with 1 767 (TOM), 1 A330 (MON), 1 A300 (OHY) and finally the EK!

Member for

18 years 4 months

Yes ive boarded passengers on to her more times than i can count over the last 6 months! During which time shes only gone tech twice! Mainstay of the ALC runs!

Air Malta now thats interesting! I know we had one other night shared with EMA! I was under the impression that they were going be operating out of quite regualarly over the summer! The again i could be wrong!

Good to see plenty of Wide Bodys in hope they gate stand 9's airbridge working properly!

Member for

16 years 11 months

The TCX of Summer 08 is that a stay right here or will they keep swaping that 320 around like thomson did when they based a 757 here. I would love for TCX to stay at LBA over the winter season operaeting a few winter routes but i dont think that will happen. Anyway the TCX320 are they the same routes as BD320 operated last summer.

Member for

18 years 1 month

I would love for TCX to stay at LBA over the winter season operaeting a few winter routes

Well recently Thomas Cook and Airtours announced TFS, ACE and LPA from LBA for the winter 2008/9 and all flights originate from Leeds i.e are not W leg flights so we have atleast got a part based TCX aircraft :D

Anyway the TCX320 are they the same routes as BD320 operated last summer.

Yeah, that pretty much right. However there have been a few changes. On a Monday it used to do a W leg flights to Reus with MME but that has been chopped and now it does another Dalaman flight. Also on a Wednesday the FUE and RHO flights have changed round etc. I think that now because of the merger the Thomas Cook Group companies are taking more/if not all seats on some routes compared to last year, the BD A320 was operating a majority MYT program with other operators taking seats.

LBA has lost the Sunday TOM 757 flight to PMI for a FUA 737 :( So TOM really have downgraded LBA with several other flights going onto the 738 from 757 last year. I guess they cannot risk DSA's future by basing at LBA. But on a good note we must remember that the BD A320 for MYT last year only had 156 seats and the TCX this year has 180 so still a good increase in seats overall :cool:

Member for

18 years 8 months

Any chance of TCX basing a 757 at LBA ?

Member for

16 years 11 months

Tommy no chance. The A320 has been dedicated because they dont want to take PAX away from MAN. Hense why LBA only has a few listed destination's and the flight only goes once from both LBA and the Dest

Member for

18 years 8 months

Lukeylad... Everyone knows you work at an airport but why do you feel the need to constantly refer to individual aircraft like they're old friends?!

Paul

Member for

18 years 1 month

Tommy no chance. The A320 has been dedicated because they dont want to take PAX away from MAN. Hense why LBA only has a few listed destination's and the flight only goes once from both LBA and the Dest

I'd have thought they would easily be able to fill a 757 during the peak months but maybe not in May and September. The A320 suits them great, if there was a 757 based then remember that there are another 40/50 seats to fill, which may have to be heavily discounted to fill them.

I have a friend who worked for Going Places a few years ago and said Airtours/MyTravel has the same problem with their 757's at Leeds. They were great during the school hols, always to capacity but to fill them during May/June they were constantly selling seats and packages at very low prices, earning very little profit if any.

But who knows!? Baring in mind the flight crew are MAN based, so not having any limited rated crew based we may see the odd 757 pop in for a tech replacement etc.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Britannia based a 767-200 during summer 2003 and 2004.

Member for

20 years

Lukeylad... Everyone knows you work at an airport but why do you feel the need to constantly refer to individual aircraft like they're old friends?!

Paul

Says the man who has been known to refer to a plank of wood with some wires attached to it lengthways as "his baby"...... :diablo:

Member for

20 years 11 months

Britannia based a 767-200 during summer 2003 and 2004.

I think the 'bottom' has fallen out of the charter market somewhat since then, with low cost airlines getting bigger and bigger, and Jet2 offering many of the routes that Britannia did back then.

I think it has been proven over the last couple of years, that an A320/B737-700 sized aircraft is the right one to have based at LBA for charter operations.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Says the man who has been known to refer to a plank of wood with some wires attached to it lengthways as "his baby"...... :diablo:

AHEM... Baby No.1 I'll have you know, and besides, as a bass player yourself don't even try tell me you don't understand my sentiments for my instrument entirely! :D

Paul

Member for

18 years 8 months

Is my Palma flight on Thursdays still the same even though Aer Europa are now doing the sunday flight for TOM.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Futura are doing the Sunday flight. Yours is still down to be a Thomsonfly 737-800.

Member for

17 years 1 month

Planned XL Airways bases for summer 2008:

LGW 2x 767-300 1x 767-200 5x 737-800
MAN 1x A330-200 2x 737-900 1x 737-800
EMA 1x 737-800
BRS 1x 737-800
LCA 1x 737-800 (also ops services ex PFO and LTN)
DUB 1x 737-800 (C- reg Sunwing a/c)
NCL 1x 737-800 (C- reg Sunwing a/c)
GLA 1x 737-800 (C- reg Sunwing a/c)

767-200 G-BOPB has a planned programme out of MAN in April but is planned as a standby a/c after that.
The A330 will be an XL France a/c.

Cheers