Flying in Concorde

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Was just wondering if any of you people have flown in the Concorde, as I would like to know more about what its like to do so.

The interior, the speed, the handling relative to the passengers etc..

Regards, Glenn.

(p.s. which Concorde do you prefer?):)

Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3c86fb322f775fde.jpg
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3c86fb462f8b9371.jpg

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Flying in Concorde

I haven't flown in it but i've been in the one at Duxford

Member for

24 years 3 months

I had a pleasure flight a few years ago. Took off from MAN and had a couple of hours supersonic over the atlantic before returning back to MAN. the take-off is great, there is absolutely no turbulence, you can't even feel that you are going in to clouds!

As for the supersonic bit, well you don't actually know your travelling at such a speed, you are so high that you can start to see the curvature of the earth and it is very dark above you. I remember the captain saying we needed to make a slight left turn else we'd be in Iceland in 11 minutes!

The other thing was the landing, you were thrown forward in your seat when the thrust reversers came on.

Interior - the seats are quite small but they were all grey leather and very comfortable, but this was before the recent overall when they changed everything.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Dan330 - Would you say it is worth £6,000 for a ticket to New York? I qould rather fly on a 747 in first class and save a few thousand!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Depends - If you save up all of your money for years then I'd say it would be better spent elsewhere than on a 3 hour trip.
I think you get just as much of the feeling on the pleasure flights but you end up back in the UK instead of on a holiday in New York, at at 10% of the price!

Given the choice I'd probably try the Virgin Upper Class cabin for less money.

Although if you have a lot of money and your not spending your life savings then go for it.

If they start pleasure flights again I'd definately recommend it, OK it costs as much (or more) than a two week holiday, but its a once in a lifetime trip and may not be available for that much longer.

Member for

24 years 3 months

been through the one at yeovil (fleet air arm musem)

rabie :9

Member for

24 years 3 months

Can someone just confirm or correct me on this...

Is Concorde being withdrawn from service in 2010?

Member for

24 years 3 months

I have flown BA concorde to JFK and Air France back to CDG,The interior is pretty cramped and not to flash,For the 6000$ you pay its not worth it at all,Its a convenience for the very wealthy and thats about it.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Cheaper to fly BA First Class, which is a significantly better service (it also beats Virgin's Upper Class hands down, albeit at a premium)

Concorde is a little cramped but the legroom seems a little better than on their UK shuttle flights. The overall standard of the interior is first rate and you generally find the staff are the cream of BA's crop.

Also, the new Concorde lounge at JFK is fabulous.

I've never sampled the Gallic version unfortunately.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Illustration from BA.com

Concorde £7,800
First £6,500
Club £3,800

Rtn from LHR to JFK

But Economy is £190 !!!!

Member for

24 years 3 months

I heard it was 2015 with the mods

Member for

24 years 3 months

I have flown on Concode twice, it's an incredible experience from start to finish. I've not been fortunate enough to take a trip since the re-fit but I have seen the new interior and she looks better than ever. The fares are high but if you've got that kind of money or if you are a corporate traveller then it must be the only way to travel. I hope the flagship continues for a long time to come.