What engines will the A380 use??

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hi All,
I was wondering what type of engines is the prototype of the 380 use? How much thrust in lbs will be needed to make a bus like this airborne? Also i wanted to ask are there any plans for winglets on the 380?There are just too many questinsabout the A380 like how many wheels will it have?

Original post

RE: What engines will the A380 use??

as far as I am aware, Rolls Royce trents or somthing in the region of 70-75,000lb thrust, If you go to the Airbus site www.airbus.com, you will find info on the A380. hope its helpful

steve.

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: What engines will the A380 use??

Good point about the wheels e.t.c. Kabir, in the sense that this was actually one of the main engineering problems when designing the aircraft. One of these was the problem of how the many wheels that are required to share the load would fit into the (outsize) undercarriage bay. Another was that an aicraft (beleive it or not) generates a great deal of it's noise on landing, not from the engines, but from the drag from the flaps and undercarriage e.t.c. It was thought that this would have exceeded European/worldwide noise regulations, but I presume that the problem has now been sorted out. Any further information about this anyone???

Paul.