G-OOOG

Read the forum code of contact

Has any of you ever flown Air 2000 757-200 Oscar Golf. Reading an older piece of an Airtours 757 doesn't sound half as bad as this airliner from a return charter flight from Corfu to Manchester. First impressions (walking up a rickety set of Olympic Airways Handling Steps) the aircraft looked a brilliant white with the coloured strips. Entering the door on the other hand was a large mistake.
A faulty APU kept us delayed on the ground 45 mins in temperatures in excess of 45degrees, the cabin-crew seemed very in-competent and the interior was smoke stained yellow from the days of lightin' up in the air.
We are on exactly the same flight next year, 464. Hopefully we'll get a much newer aircraft. Anyone found similar???

Original post

RE: G-OOOG

Read my piece "So you think a 50 minute delay ruined your holiday" which is on the Air International Forum.

A 45 minute delay is not uncommon and technical delays happen even to brand new aircraft. As for crew incompetence, in which way was this displayed? All cabin crew have to pass training and updates which are regulated by the CAA so if you have a substantive complaint it should be passed on to the airline.

As for the smoke stained cabin interior, G-GOOG dates from 1989 and will have been subject to nicotine staining, but it has been through one cabin refit and I seem to remember that some of the Air 2000 aircraft have a more yellow finish to the acres of Boeing plastic the the standard light grey.

You should have seen the state of some of the United B737-300 and 500 aircraft I travelled on, at scheduled fares.

There was only one which I would have passed as spotless but then aircraft are meant to be a means of rapid transport, not luxury yachts, and most of the hundreds of flights I've taken have been in conditions much neater, cleaner and litter free than many of my colleagues cars......

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: G-OOOG

I've never flown with Air 2000, but my Father has. He flew from Manchester to Crete on an AMM 757, he did say the aircraft was spotless so I doubt if it was Oscar Golf! I myself have flown with several UK charter airlines. Although long gone, Air Europe was my personal favourite - their 757's were the cleanest airliners I have ever had the pleasure to fly on (they were new at the time) and the cabin crew were always good. Another thing to remember is that many of the 757's used by UK charter airlines are examples built during the eighties, both Air 2000 and Airtours have ex Eastern Airlines aircraft. I'm also sure that Air 2000 operate an ex Air Europe machine too.