Taser bracelets for passengers

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 11 months

Wouldn't this contravene one's civil liberties??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I4c8LFflNc

Original post

Member for

18 years 2 months

I think it definitely would contravene civil liberties even if as Mr Livingstone suggests that the shock part of the bracelet would not be enabled! The shock part would bring about real issues with being made to wear something which could cause you real pain if someone decides to use it against you,. Would they also put it on elderly travellers going to Detroit to visit relatives or small children on the way to Honolulu on vacation? I don't think so!

As for the tracking element of the bracelet I can see how much easier it could make airport officials job if you do go missing and/or are late for you boarding, however there must be privacy concerns here with airport officials who you don't know at all being able to see exactly where you are going about an airport and supposedly you cannot switch it off. If these full body scanners which supposedly produce an indecent image of you as you pass through them and therefore (supposedly) violate child protection laws I think there will be some privacy concerns with this bracelet, especially if it is fitted to children!

Member for

20 years 5 months

The U.S. just *loooves* their little Nazi phantasies!

Member for

19 years 9 months

why not give us the orange jumpsuit , manacles ,binldfolds and be done with it

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well, if you're a Nigerian with intentions of trying to detonate a bomb on a plane, surely you'd just remove the bracelet anyway before your misdemina? The only benefit they'd bring would be the ability to spot trouble makers at the point they remove their bracelet!

Member for

19 years 9 months

Well, if you're a Nigerian with intentions of trying to detonate a bomb on a plane, surely you'd just remove the bracelet anyway before your misdemina? The only benefit they'd bring would be the ability to spot trouble makers at the point they remove their bracelet!

so if you object to having this device fitted , then you are a trouble maker/terroist?