Southend Airport progress?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years

Perhaps they'll pinch a bit of the golf course :D

Member for

14 years

You may have already seen it, but I was at Southend museum Friday
evening, and bought what looks like a good book.

RAF Southend 1940-1944. by Peter Brown

It gives a day to day accounts of events involving the airfield.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Easyjet are to launch a Newquay service flying on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, first flight 20th June ticket go on sale today.

Member for

20 years 7 months

:D

and the protesters said all house prices would drop, some are saying they have lost £150,000 off the value of their homes so if you want a bargan and a fantastic view of the comings and goings from Southend Airport...

Member for

20 years 7 months

Southend Airport are offering free car parking for January & February in one of their car parks if you pre-book, it has not gone down too well with some of the Anti-Southend Airport people!

Member for

14 years

Do these protesters have any shred of credibility left? It would seem that the demand is there.

Member for

14 years

Southend Airport are offering free car parking for January & February in one of their car parks if you pre-book, it has not gone down too well with some of the Anti-Southend Airport people!

I got banned from the Echo website before Christmas, but am back on again now with a different user name.
Mustn't mention anything to do with Savile or our traveller "friends" :D

Anything to do with the airport does stir up a hornet's nest.

Member for

14 years

Egg. Face. SAEN. :D

Member for

14 years

Does anyone know if the cafe in the old terminal is still open ?
Drove past yesterday and it looked as if it were closed, it would be a great shame if that's true as it was always busy.
They also seem to have done something with the adjacent car park, no free parking any more ?

I can answer this one myself:

Had to go into Southend earlier so made a diversion to the Airport.
The cafe closed in May, and the carpark looks as though it can only be accessed via the Hotel entrance.
Maybe for those staying at the hotel, and flying out.

Great shame about the cafe, it was very popular and always busy.

I assume the Lancaster club is still open ?

Member for

20 years

Old airport Cafe , Alas yes the airport decided to shut it as its not core business even though its was make money, somebody did try and try it on but run it to bureaucracy. The Lancaster restaurant by the Vulcan is still open and serve good food...

Member for

14 years

Yes, the sister of a chap I work with now and again said they wanted to run it. What a great shame to close a business
which ran at a profit. Just because it didn't fit in with their plans.

I believe the Lancaster is also on borrowed time, as they will eventually want to extend the car parking.
Along with shifting the Vulcan.

Where do the aircraft spotters go now ?