Southend Airport progress?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 7 months

could be a quicker London to Carlisle route than Virgin Trains
run by Stobart's

Member for

14 years

Is this not the point of all the recent expansion at Southend, to get a bigger airline flying from there. I though Flybe would be the first...

Member for

24 years 2 months

This photo-op might not necessarily mean that Easyjet will open a route to SEN. Perhaps Easyjet is going to fly freight for Stobart, they can do that from other airports within the (current) Easyjet network as well. That would appear more likely to me, considering it was a photo-op with lorries, not a photo-op with the SEN terminal or ATC tower or another landmark specific to SEN.

Member for

14 years

Also, look out for a future episode of "Eddie Stobbart" on Ch.5
They did some filming at Southend, including a chat with ATC.
It should be in episode 8. If it's not on the cutting room floor.

Member for

18 years 1 month

This photo-op might not necessarily mean that Easyjet will open a route to SEN. Perhaps Easyjet is going to fly freight for Stobart, they can do that from other airports within the (current) Easyjet network as well. That would appear more likely to me, considering it was a photo-op with lorries, not a photo-op with the SEN terminal or ATC tower or another landmark specific to SEN.

I don't buy that idea. Why do the photo shoot at SEN if that is the case? The nearest Eddie Stobart base is nowhere nearby and the aircraft had to be positioned into SEN, so an expensive way of doing it. Far better surely to do it at somewhere like Doncaster (which is where the aircraft departed to) which would involve no positioning and is near one of the lorry bases.

The photography was carried out in front of the new terminal under construction and the public face of the Stobart Group is Eddie Stobart so it seems natural that Easyjet would want to make a link between the two companies which people will easily recognise.

Member for

14 years

Great news for Southend. I wonder if the nimbys will be booked on these flights at any point? :D

Member for

18 years 1 month

It's official.

A 10 year deal with three based aircraft from April 2012 serving around 10 holiday and business destinations initially, producing a throughput of 800,000 ppa.

Member for

20 years 7 months

70 flights a week
3 aircraft to be based at Southend
150 new Easyjet jobs
100 new airport jobs

Member for

14 years

That is fantastic news! 250 jobs will be a boost for local people.

Member for

14 years

Laughable, probably couldn't get the concessions needed from Southend Airport for them to fly from there.

Member for

12 years 9 months

easyjet

Today (16/6/11) easy jet anounced that they will be operating 3 a319 aircraft to different destenations across europe which include amsterdam,faro,milan and madrid.

Member for

14 years

Already being discussed here 8674planes. ;)

Member for

15 years 4 months

Ahh....... Ryanair makes me laugh!! :D

Member for

19 years 3 months

The Ryanair press release SHOWS that easyJet are onto a winner with Southend, and Ryanair realise that it will be damaging to Ryanair's business long-term. :) Why bother trying to discredit it otherwise?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Why bother trying to discredit it otherwise?
You're not familiar with Ryanair, are you? ;)

Member for

12 years 9 months

does anyone know the reg of the easy jet a319 that visited southend i know it is G-EZ..

Member for

18 years 1 month

G-EZDJ

Member for

12 years 9 months

thanks