KE shall have fewest seats of any A380!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 8 months

Korean finally revealed something of their configuration:
http://www.moodiereport.com/document.php?c_id=40&doc_id=22902

410 seats, including 12 first and 100 business. By far the fewest of any airline - the next is QaNTAS with 450 seats.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

It's an interesting strategy, to sacrifice seats for a shop. If it was well balanced then it could be a good replacement revenue stream whilst markets are depressed. However, the fact that they intend to only offer selected items in the shop itself, but offer the full range from a trolley service seems a little strange.

I'm sure a retail expert would tell me that it is an effective way of raising revenues from duty free, it's probably more effective to let people browse and try. My guess is though, as the market and demand starts to pick up, the shops may disappear over time in favour of seats.

Member for

14 years 10 months

Very interesting strategy, hope it works out for them, but will the shop be open to passengers in all classes to browse or just premium classes (hence the need for the trolleys for economy class) I hope not on that point though

Member for

16 years

Very interesting strategy, hope it works out for them, but will the shop be open to passengers in all classes to browse or just premium classes (hence the need for the trolleys for economy class) I hope not on that point though

The more customers the better, I suppose, which would mean economy passengers mixing with the upper classes in flight.
Whatever next?

Well with the way airlines squash passengers into any plane nowadays, with your knees next to your ears, I'm surprised that anyone flies anymore. (After all the security BS)