Adam Air 574 Recording

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

Warning, this recording may be distressing to some

A friend of mine linked me to this.
It's a very sad example of how a typical every day flight in a fairly modern airliner can turn deadly in less than a minute. It also shows how air crashes are typically the result of several things that form a chain that cause the event.
Preoccupied with an FMS navigation error, the crew do not take heed to the autopilot disconnecting. This older 737 had a tendancy to roll to the right. This is nothing dangerous in itself as an undistracted crew could keep it in check, as would the autopilot. However, with the autopilot now off, these poor chaps do not notice the plane gently banking to the right and are only alerted once the bank angle warning goes off, at which point the plane is nose down and picking up speed in a right-hand spiral. Instead of leveling the wings first then gently pulling the nose up, the PF simple yanks the yoke back. With the wings nearly the vertical this action simply puts the aircraft into a steeper and inverted dive.
The crew begin to recover, but their speed is too high, their dive to steep and their altitude bleeding off fast. The plane overstresses and breaks up.

Disclaimer:
I do not condone this recording being public, but it is anyway. So do not blame me if you listen to it and become distressed. I've posted the link here as some will find it interesting, others a potent reminder that they should always remain vigilant when in their office at the pointy end of a plane. You have been warned.

Click here to be taken to the recording The more disturbing part of the video begins at around 4m 11s.

Warning, this recording may be distressing to some

RIP to the crew and passengers.
Peace be with their families.

Original post

You can hear the mach airspeed warning go off at 4:46

Member for

20 years 11 months

That's very disturbing..that should not be made public in my opinion

Member for

14 years 2 months

Seems to be a lot of 737's having trouble in storms recently.

Look on the right hand side links, there is a 4 part documentary (National Geographic) on how Adam Air 574 met it's fate. Explains the whole story to this tragedy.

Member for

20 years 5 months

Well, there are a lot of 737s flying around the world.

Member for

14 years 2 months

Well, there are a lot of 737s flying around the world.

Good. Very Good.

However, back onto Adam Air 574. What it really shows is the principal flaws within the region, from engineering to crew training to the general safety culture or lack thereof. The disproportionate number of accidents within the region is only further proof.

Member for

20 years 5 months

You'll get no argument about that here.

Member for

16 years 4 months

That's very disturbing..that should not be made public in my opinion

Far more and far worse on youtube and Liveleak. Doesn't make it right though.

Member for

20 years 5 months

You can hear the mach airspeed warning go off at 4:46

Indeed so.
You can also hear the rushing of the airstream getting much louder as they get faster.

Frightening...