LHR - JFK - British Airways

Profile picture for user Speedbird744

Member for

15 years 6 months

Well I am going to be the first to write a report. It is from last Summer (June 2004). Arrived at LHR T4 from the Parking area by the shuttle bus. Had stopped over at Heathrow the night before, so feeling refreshed. Enjoyed watching the planes take off from the terrace the evening before. Long queues at T4 as it was about 10.30. Tried the e-check-in but it didn't work as we did not book our tickets on ba.com. After checking in the usual way we proceeded to deapartures. Quick look round and then to the gat. Once there (I forget which gate, it was right at the end though, by the glass window facing one of the runways so you had a perfect view of the planes landing) I saw our 744. I knew it was a 744 as we booked tickets on Virgin Travelstore which told us it would be a 744. Sat down and watched planes landing. That big window is great, a perfect view of them on finals and then touching down. About an hour later and we were called. Check-in was efficient and we boarded the plane. Turned right and kept walking and kept walking and kept walking - yes we were in World Traveller :p - got our seats and sat down. For the first time ever I had the aisle seat, my dad had the window and my mum was in the middle (as always - she likes to hold our hands on take off and landing :rolleyes: ). Take off delayed due to unloading of baggage, so we pulled back at the tiem we were due to be rolling down the runway. Got the runway and there was a queue of about 25 planes. It cleared quickly and we zoomed off. Drinks and crispy things handed out very quickly and the IFE came on. First BBC news was shown and then the muti-choice Omina system became operational, including moveis, TV, skymap & audio. Began to watch 'Cathc me if you can' - (rubbish film :o ) and the special meals were brought round. Then more drinks and then the food - Chicken Tikka (the intl' cuisine option)with naan and rice or beef in a special sauce (the traditional English option). I had the Chicken Tikka with a bottle of wine (which is a bit of an oxymoron - wine and curry, but I am not into beer yet, prefer sweeter drinks). Everyone got the same starter - Salmon Salad - and the same dessert - Profttiea (don't know how to spell it, but you know what I mean) roles with the yummy chocolate sauce ;) . We also got a mini-Dairy Milk to have with tea or coffee. Time flew (excuse the pun :D ) and I slept for about 1 hour while listenining to some music. I then turned to the kiddies channel and watched Toy Story while some more drinks came round - just orange juice and water on a tray carried by the hostess, but you could ask for anything else if you wanted. I loked at the Skympa and I could see we were only about 2 hrs away. FAs brought round the drink trolley again and the light luch was handed out - Sandwiches, crisps and a chocolate brownie. Everything was cleared and we had to fasten our belts. FAs prepared for landing. After a smooth landing we arrived 20 minutes early, even though we left about 20 minutes late as the pilot put his foot down a little. However, a flight before us had left extra-late due to a problem on board and had not long landed so US customs made us wait on the plane for 1 hr before we could get off. The same happened to the ANA 744 which sat next to us. Luckily we came off first, so the ANA pax were at the back of the queue, in what was an awful terminal arrivals - but it was beign renovated). Conclusion: Good flight from BA. Friendly and efficent staff. Shame, however, about the child who kept running down one aisle and through the toilet galley and back up the other and then back down again... Stupid parents just kept following him, smiling as if it was fun. Not for some of us though as he nearly knocked drinks over as his arms were all over the place. However, that was not BA's fault - it was the fault of the attention loving parents :mad: ! END OF REPORT
Original post
Profile picture for user Mark L

Member for

16 years 6 months

Nice report, but assume you mean June 2003 ;)
Profile picture for user MANAIRPORTMAD!!

Member for

15 years 4 months

Great report! Sounds fun!?

Member for

15 years 6 months

Nice report, but assume you mean June 2003 ;)
Yes :rolleyes: :o

Member for

15 years 6 months

Great report! Sounds fun!?
Not such a 'fun' flight. Just a relaxing and enjoyable one. :)

Member for

15 years 4 months

nice detailed report!
Profile picture for user Ren Frew

Member for

19 years 9 months

Interesting report, yes it can be annoying when children are left unattended to run up and down the aisles, I spent four and a half hours to TFS watching "little Timmy the wonder child" moonwalking and singing the Teletubbies theme song whilst intermittently screaming "EHH OH" at the top of his voice ! Quite a nuisance really!!! :eek:
Profile picture for user LBARULES

Member for

16 years 5 months

Great report, LMAO @ Allen, I always seem to be in front of the kid who wants to kick the seat all the way, or behind the person who wants to recline (Really irritating on a 2-3 hour flight, when you've only got 28" pitch yourself!)
Profile picture for user captainben

Member for

15 years 8 months

Great report Mark L, (I know this is not avaition related but, I can't help myself.....England 3 - Switzerland 0! Woo Hooo!!
Profile picture for user bmi-star

Member for

15 years 7 months

Great report Mark L, (I know this is not avaition related but, I can't help myself.....England 3 - Switzerland 0! Woo Hooo!!
It wasn't Mark who wrote the report :rolleyes: And PLEASE this is an AVIATION forum, not a football forum. Go to www.bbc.co.uk/5live to do things like that
Profile picture for user captainben

Member for

15 years 8 months

Sorry I get a bit mixed up when it comes to those ba avatars, sorry Speedbird 744! And sorry for putting that comment too.