Dublin-Alicante on back on Aer Lingus.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 2 months

Ok Ive decided to post my own trip report of a flight I took with my family last september.It was one of the harter flights that Aer Lingus offer during the summer months.

Saturday september 13th 2003
Dublin-Alicante
Aer Lingus
Airbus A320 EI-CVA
EI 6645 22.30-0225

We arrived in Dublins terminal at about 8 o'clock and prcedded stragight to area A where all the Aer Lingus flights are checked in without even looking at the screen.There was just one couple in front and we were checked in by a freindly Australian man who told me where Agadir was as another Aer Lingus charter flight was departing to north Africa about the same time as our flight.

After check in we went to look for my cousin who works in Servisair as we thought she might be on a break but she was about to start check in on another flight.We didnt want to head to secuirity just yet so we had a cup of coffee and I went and bought my first ever copy of Airliner World :D
Then we headed for secuirity and the queue wasnt to big so we got throigh with no problems and we went straight onto the street-Dublins shopping area.

I was eager to go straight to the gate to see wht type of plane we would be flying on as I couldnt find it on the net.There was 2 Aer lingus planes there a A320 which we be flying on and a 737-400 which the reat of the people thought we would be flying on.Soon we were called for boarding by rows which I didnt think and Aer Lingus did and there was no premier class on tonights flight.After boarding I took my isle seat to keep my sister happy and was impressed by the leg room.I had flown on a Aer Lingus A320 earlier that year from Dublin to Heathrow and there wasnt an awful lot of legroom.Soon we pushed back.Dublin was quite busy for that time of night and a Eurocyprus 737 caught my eye.
We taxied to runway 28 and made a immediate takeoff into a clear Dublin sky and then made a left turn on the Liffey 1 alpha departure.I was reading my Airliner world the LCC special when a very nice smell of something came through the cabin.I was surpriesd as I knew Aer Lingus didnt serve food anymore.Drink service commenceed with Alcholic ones costing 3 euros and non alcholic ones fee.Then a big surprise wew were served a very tasty lasagne and I came to the conclussion that it was only because it was a charter.
After a very enjoyable flight we were descending towards Alicante and the captain informed us we were over Valencia were we expeirenced some moderate turbulence.We made our approach over the sea and landed on runway 28 the same runay we had taken off from.We taxied to th satnd and I saw 3 Iberias 320s overnighting as well a a My travel Lite 320 and a Jet2 737.All in all it was a very enjoyable flight and I was impressed.
I will post the retuyrn leg if you lads want it.

Original post

Member for

20 years

nice report & tell us about the return

Member for

19 years 10 months

oh yeah please do. Its brill

Member for

20 years 2 months

Saturday 20th August
Alicante-Dublin
Aer Lingus
A321 EI-CPG
EI6655

So after a great week in the sun we headed back to El Altet airport.Upon arriving outside the terminal 2 coaches pulled up so we made a dash for check in which hadnt yet opened incase they were going there which they were but we got there first.We were me by a massive queue and we were in the middle so it could have been worse.They boards showed us were to go but the desks were still for a flight to Glasgow which had closed.There was 1 desk open that would be used for a Airbus A321 fully loaded.As you can imagine people werent happy.
As the check in for a flight to Manchester closed a second desk was opened so things speed up a bit and the 6 of us were all in row 11.
We went straight to secuirity which was packed but it didnt take too long.
We got settled at our gate and then had a look around the few shops that were open.
There was quite a few Britannia flight as well as a late My Travel Lite flight to Birmingham which I watched being turned around and I must say I was impressed.
While walking up and down the gate area I noticed a Aer Lingus A321 parked about 3 gates down and I knew our gate was changed but still no information on the screen.

meenwhile the Briatannia flight I mentioned earlier a 767 to Manchester had finished boarding but there was 2 passengers missing and numerous calls for these two ladies went unanswered.Finnally they were found in the most unlikely place.Right in front of the gate talking to each other.LOL all the Irish around had a good laugh at that.
Most people paid no attention to were we were supposed to be and just sat by our A321.We had to drag 2 sleeping kids up 3 gates and my little brother while sleeping had a good go at speaking Spanish.It was one of the funniest things I have ever heard.
Soon after boarding the safty announcments began but most people were asleep.We Taxied by those 2 Iberia A320s which must spend every night in ALC and soon were airborne off runway 10.Quite a nice start to this flight with some great night views of the Spanish provence of Valencia.Soon afterwards breakfast was served at about 4 in the morning.It was the nicest thing I have ever had in front of me but I ate 2 of them as the rest of my family was asleep.Plenty of tea and i was as happy as ever.

As the flight continued I baegan to doze but I refused to let my self sleep as I only get to fly once or twice a year and I wanted to expeirence every second of it.
Soon we were beginning our decent into Dublin.i had no idea were abouts we were or what runway we were approaching.i know my way around London underground better than I do around Dublin and I have being livinf here my 17 years.Anyway soon I noticed a road and immediatley knew we would be landing on 10.I have been on this runway more times than any other even though 28 is the most commonly used one.
After landing the pilot slammed the breaks and thrust reversers.Very heavy breaking indeed.We taxied to our stand and were the last ones to leave the plane>i just got a quick peek inside the flight deck which was empty.We went to get our bags and they were already there which wsa a change.
Overall it ws a very pleasnt flight aprat fomr the time of day.The crew were one of the best Ive ever expeirenced.
Ill be flying back to Alicante in august with Iberia DUB-BCN-ALC and back the same way so Ill be sure to post that one.