From FUE-DUB

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

We got to the airport, which is a modern building and we checked in. "There will be a delay for the aircraft for about 15 mins." she said in her Spanish accent (doesnt even make sense, but we gave her the benifit of the doubt). we went through and waited. We then proceeded outside to their charming wee viewing gallery. I had bought a new camera in Corralejo so was dying to use it. Got snaps of Thomas Cook A320, Air Plus, Spanair ,Islas, Binter, Iberia etc.... Time passed, we waited.............................. and we waited....................... but it never came. The majority of the people at the viewing gallery were from DUB. So when it landed everyone cheered and ordered more drink :p We got on the aircraft 40 mins after it landed, once again greeted by the small seat pitch and sticky leather seats. We took off and we turned heading for Porto. All was well and the Flights Attendants were offering a fantastic service until the smoke alarm went off. All the flight attendants ran up the isle (which was quite improfessional as it scared the passengers, even me!)
They closed the curtain. The piercing noise still going on, also we had quite bad turbuence. Flight from Hell. We could still see in, as we were sitting near the front. By the looks of things there was a fire in the Toilet, but there wasn't. By this stage I thought we would have had to divert to Porto. The Captain then came out with a binder. They came to the problem. One of the FT's had left one of the ovens on! They did handle it quite proffesionally (apart from the mishap listed above) 2 hours behind schedule we landed at DUB R28 and taxied to the terminal. Were we had to wait for an outbound aircraft to move. At 3.25AM weary and tired we disembarked the aircraft and made our way home with a 2 hour journey infornt of us! It was a good flight, Very exciting!

Original post

Member for

20 years 2 months

Good trip reports.Just a bit of advice in future you should put them in the same thread.Great report glad you like Dublin.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Very good report there mate! what part of lisburn r u from as i am from the same place?

Member for

19 years 10 months

Em near the Co-Op. And u?