BHX - EWR

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

Date of Departure - 28/7/04
Aircraft & Airline - Continental Airlines B757-224/ET - N58101
Estimated Time of Deparure - 10:15am
Actual Time of Departure - 10:05am

So we got to BHX nice and early so we would have some time to sit down, have a drink etc and maybe secure a window seat for the 7 hour journey, i was keepeing an eye on the departure board so i knew which desk we should check into, when it came up we got into the que which formed very quickly to check in, there was sercruity checks while we were queing up which i was expecting.
After check in went through to the departure lounge to watch our aircraft arrive, soon enough it landed on RWY 15 and taxiied to Gate 41 right in front of us, after a hour or so we went throug to the gate where there were a couple more checks and then we went outside and borded the plane via a set of steps instead of the airbridge which i didnt mind as i find it more exciting anyway.
We borded and sat in 14E just ahead of the wing, we got a complimentary cushion, blanket and headphones (which the website claimed costs $5), soon enough we taxiied to RWY 15 and took off, the flight was uneventful as most are, we had too movies which we 'Welcome to Moosport' which was quite good and 'Sinbad', a cartoon film which was a bad idea considering the youngest person on the flight was about 15, the Continetal radio channels were poor and everytime the plane hit a little turbulance it restarted for some reason?, the desent into Newark was bumby and visability was poor, we made a nice landing on 4R (i think) and had to wait nearly ten minutes between the runways while the que of aircraft on 4L (i think) took off, we taxiied to the gate surronded by Continental Aircraft including two B777s and that was the flight.

This is a pic of mine while inflight took over the wing
http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=344747

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

brilliant report, very enjoyable to read!

Member for

20 years 8 months

Thanks BigJet! :)

Member for

20 years 1 month

good pic aswell

Member for

20 years 11 months

Great report Tom and great photo as well. :)

Member for

20 years 8 months

Thanks Tom! wait till u see the one from EWR to LAS! :D