LGW-DUB-LGW

Profile picture for user bmi-star

Member for

15 years 7 months

01/01/05 FR113 LGW-DUB Departure time - 1000 Actual - 0955 Arrival Time - 1115 Actual - 1105 Aircraft :-Boeing 737-200 EI-CJC This was a trip was looking forward to for a long time. a last chance to fly a B732 in RYR colours. No need to wake up early, as the flight left at 10am. Got the train as usual, checked in, thru to departures, and spent a good hour in the viewing area. In a bid to grab a good seat, I then shifter my bum down to Gate 9 as it said on the screen. As I arrived at the gate, an old yet stylish yellow Hertz billboard B732 pulled up right by my side! My wish of getting a 732, plus a Billboard one had come true! After about 15mins of waiting, the call came for Families with Children only to board. This is what annoys me about locos with no seat number, that crush for a seat. Its much more calm when you do have a seat number! I decided to go round the back and I took Seat 19A, with a good view of the buckets and wing. The flight was full We pushed back, and started the engines, and surprisingly, I didn't hear them start as there were quiet ( Quite the opposite on take off!!!) We then started the long taxi down to 08R, were we took our place with no wait this time (rare @ LGW :D) We then blasted, and I mean blasted down the runway. The noise was bliss hehe! Some strong rudder inputs meant that we jerked badly on the runway, before we climbed rapidly, before entering thru............yes you got it..........cloud! We got to our cruising altitude of 26,000ft in good time. We saw nothing of the KENET SID, and all I saw of my beautiful country was Cardiff and Newport. We then followed the Welsh Coast, narrowly missing a flybe Dash8! Before I knew it, it was time to descend. It was hard to say where was where, as all I could see was cloud, but I could say we were quite near, as the flaps were being extended even though were still above the clouds. Then out of nowhere, came Dublin Port, and we landed gently on 28, and thank god the buckets were extended, and that great roaring sound was heard. A short taxi took us to the Ryanair Stands (Pier A) at DUB, and then I catched a bus into the city and spent a good 2hrs there. 01/02/05 FR116 DUB-LGW Departure time - 1545 Actual - 1540 Arrival time - 1700 Actual 1645 Aircraft:- Boeing 737-200 EI-CJC After returning to the airport, I was a bit early, so I popped up to the "skydeck" ( not as spectacular as the name suggests) for a Cappuccino and to watch the last of the EI A333 depart. I then returned to Area 7 where check-in had commenced, and a line of about 6 was formed. I then decided to go straight to departures, to see the action that side. I walked up and down the term to get some good shots, but Gate Area B offered some close up shots albeit thru a dirty window! Then I went to Gate Area A, where there were 4 732's standing there. I prayed for the Vodafone logojet, but sadly it wasn't to be. I watched the 1500 LGW flight go, before moments later EI-CJC returned carrying the inbound LGW pax, and we were boarding it once again in no time at all. Once again I went thru the back steps and took row 19 again, tho seat F this time. The flight wasn't full, about 40 of us onboard I think, before we pushed back, waited for a bmi A321 to go, before once again, we blasted down 28. Again we climbed swiftly, and into more clouds ( i'm getting abit cheesed off with the stuff!!) In-flight was OK, watching the sun set was nice, flew over Wales yet again, same route as we did in the morning, at 23,000ft. So I sat back in those VERY comfy seats! Much comfier than other seats I've been on lately! Then we started the decent 65 miles out, did one circuit of the hold, with aircraft doing the hold below and above us, before we landed on 08R with the clouds right down, and visibility very poor. Before we knew it, we were back on stand 9, 7hrs, after we had pushed back from the same stand, and within 15mins of getting off CJC, I was back on a train home. So there we have it, a nice flight with RYR! Sad to see those 732's go imho
Original post
Profile picture for user SHAMROCK321

Member for

15 years 8 months

Hmmmm I thought you were going to contact me. Never mind a good report. Are you sure it was Dublin port you saw? Where about where you looking. Dublin port isnt very regognisable. Perhaps it was Dun Laoirghe port?
Profile picture for user LBARULES

Member for

16 years 5 months

Another cracking report mate :)

Member for

15 years 7 months

Cheers! Sorry Shamrock! I had no net acsses while at my aunts, sorry, and yes it was Dublin Port i saw, as Dun Laoirghe is further down, as i have been there lol ;) Also to do with the flight, i was quite suprised to see that it was the cabin crew who tore the boarding cards at the gate! Yet another cost cutting measure by MOL :D

Member for

16 years 5 months

I noticed that when I flew them in January 2k4, seems like a fairly good idea.

Member for

15 years 7 months

It does indeed Tom! Lets hope you get a 732 mate! Truly awsome sound on landing with the buckets :D
Profile picture for user concordesst

Member for

15 years 7 months

I take it the weather was on your side, im going in april from NCL so i hope its nice.

Member for

15 years 7 months

No the weather was poor all week! Cloud bases were down to about 3000ft, and all i saw in the cruise (exept S.Wales) was cloud!

Member for

16 years 5 months

Im hoping for a 732! Should get 732 outbound 738 inbound.
Profile picture for user Airline owner

Member for

16 years

Superb report mate.